Swedish AF Saab Gripen - 1/48 Kitty Hawk

HI Guys,

Just though I'd post a few photos of my Saab Gripen I finished a few months ago. I have never used any washed or gloss before, but I shall be on my current Tornado GR4 build. I did realize after painting that the colours are incorrect with the MSG, should have been the top colour, and a lighter colour on the bottom. But looks good still in my view. I have scratch made my own target acquisition round on the port wing tip pylon which came out well.

Overall, very happy with it and came 3rd in a staff entry at West Mercia Wing ATC Wing Training Day :)

Enjoy :)

15031858146_ac74944d86_b.jpgUntitled by lowlevelRAF, on Flickr

14868310257_8db639b06a_b.jpg by lowlevelRAF, on Flickr

14868139639_de1198b20e_b.jpg by lowlevelRAF, on Flickr

15051817111_ce6a8b844f_b.jpg by lowlevelRAF, on Flickr

14868324827_2c227d30a9_b.jpg by lowlevelRAF, on Flickr

14868330057_9e773b15a9_b.jpg by lowlevelRAF, on Flickr

15051832211_df542d17ac_b.jpg by lowlevelRAF, on Flickr

C & C welcome :)

Matt

• Like 7

Nice to see such a well made Gripen, even if the colours are a bit unusual, and congrats to that 3rd place!

The air intake joints could have used a bit of filler, though, judging from the last closeup… ;-)

Good modelling!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Cheers guys :) Colour ref was what looked good and the paint I had left if im honest :) At the time it looked good, but realized how dark the top was, doh :banghead: I believe I read somewhere after that the top colour is medium sea grey and the bottom a lighter grey? That may be rubbish mind.. I must admit, I like the stand, just standard metal coat hanger with the hook end placed in the engine exhaust :)

Hopefully I will be getting some filler (Never touched the stuff before!), for my current Revell Tornado, as the top fuselage part is really giving me grief!

Regards,

Matt

Edited by lowlevelraf