Sea Harrier FA.2 Airfix 1/48.

Hello!

This is my 1/48 Airfix Sea Harrier FA.2. I thought I would have a go at attempting to improve this kit with a few mods here and there. During the build, I added some aftermarket resin intakes, the rest of the detail work was scratch built by me.

This Shar is marked as "007" from 801 Sqn, I had to mix and match a lot of decals as the airfix sheet from this old kit is not so good.............that aside, it was a very enjoyable build!

shar1_zps3e1129c2.jpg

shar2_zps2d66d9a6.jpg

shar5_zps27cf9c2d.jpg

shar6_zps56726bfd.jpg

shar4_zps73c58390.jpg

shar3_zpsee96901c.jpgshar7_zpsceec16b7.jpg

• Like 31

Thanks very much everyone for your comments!

Lovely work on the old kit :goodjob: Was the pilot aftermarket or a modification of the kit item?

Cheers Col, the pilot is good old Geoff from the kit! With a few mods.

• Like 1

very nice model!

where did you source the Amraams from, they look splendid!

nice job on the markings as well!

Thanks! These Amrams came with the kit! (Yes, I was surprised as well!)

Thank you all for your kind words! That really makes all the extra effort worthwhile. :thumbsup2:

The Airfix kit isn't great by what we expect from today's kits, but every now and then it's nice to venture down memory lane and pick up a kit from the bottom of the stash pile and give it some TLC. I built this same kit about 15 years ago when I got back into model building and my first attempt was no so great........... :fraidnot: After seeing so many incredible builds of Sea Harrier's on this forum, I was inspired to have another crack at it, and I'm very glad I did!