AFV Club Sturmmorser Tiger ( The SturmTiger) 1/35

4_zpsea524076.jpgHere we have AFV Club Sturmmorser 1/35 or also known as The Sturmtiger was also known as Tiger-Morser, Sturmmorser Tiger, and Sturmpanzer VI. It is built on a Tiger I chassis and armed with the 38 cm Raketen-Werfer RW61 L/5.4 naval rocket launcher. Only about 18 were built.

This was built out the box with Zimmerit added to various parts of the body. Used three colours for camo with weathering done by hairspray method and some AK products and washes. Also added a figure which is not included and some value gear just to add to the tank at the workshop having some work done

Anyway see what you think, any comments welcome.

Colin.

1_zps1e34cd8c.jpg2_zps65449b13.jpg3_zps9dba6deb.jpg5_zpsdc03dc79.jpg6_zps1a44e76c.jpg7_zps12b5629b.jpg8_zps52e1c2f1.jpg9_zpsb34cde82.jpg10_zps79f7ff22.jpg11_zpsf4762681.jpg12_zps3baad82f.jpg13_zpseb02e698.jpg

• Like 5

Nice zimmermit, did you use a tool or just a small screwdriver? Fantastic looking model, I like the drap over the barrels.

WoW!EXTRA,nice zimmerit :goodjob:

yes lovely Zimmerit, extra work but worth it. Thanks.

that's a cracking build Colin weathering is fantastic.

Cheers Jim.

Nice zimmermit, did you use a tool or just a small screwdriver? Fantastic looking model, I like the drap over the barrels.

Thanks Ozzy, All the years using a screwdriver and decided to buy the zimmerit tool, Value gear is spot on for your builds Ozzy.

great work

Thanks Mick.

great job' just a great job.

regards oz!.

Good excuse to go shopping :evil_laugh:

Regards,

Steve

Just spent a fortune on some 120mm and 200mm figures Steve.But, yes i think your right. If the wife finds out i'll blame you. :fuyou_2:

That's a great build Colin! You've really captured the big, heavy look of the Sturmtiger.

Cheers dubster, Yes it is a big lump. Only thing about this kit, a vast amount of spares not used, seems a waste they could of put some figures in there instead. :mental:

Well I learned something today. Following your mention of the 'Hairspray' paint technique I found a video on YouTube. Thanks for that and your photos of a cracking model.

Glad i could help, hope you try the hair spray method out on your next build, be good to see it.

Tracks nicely metallized but the left one is wonky (very apparent from the rear view). Good job on the Zimm.

- Steve

Thanks Steve glad you like the Zimm, I think the track may have sabotaged on it's way to the workshop, but the truth is the superglue gave way while photographing the build and i didn't notice until it was posted. all fixed now with a double helping of superglue. :banghead:

That would have been one scary vehicle to come face to face with on the battlefield. The kit itself looks awesome and the diorama around it is also very well done. Great work on the camo as well, certainly better than anything I could ever do! :thumbsup: