Hasegawa 1/48 FG Mk.I 25th. Nose ?

007wales

I recently picked up a second hand Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom FG Mk.I kit #P15 and there are 2 nose cones in it.There is one sprue G which is shown on parts diagram but also one sprue L titled FG.1 25th.which is much more bulbous and has a hatch cover and a couple small parts and is not shown in sprue diagram.What would sprue L nose be used for? TIA

I recently picked up a second hand Hasegawa 1/48 Phantom FG Mk.I kit #P15 and there are 2 nose cones in it.There is one sprue G which is shown on parts diagram but also one sprue L titled FG.1 25th.which is much more bulbous and has a hatch cover and a couple small parts and is not shown in sprue diagram.What would sprue L nose be used for? TIA

It is a Droppler radar mounted under the radar nose cover,for test of the unit on that aircraft. It was used on Sea King , Lynx , Sea Harrier,Wessex, Vulcan ect Regards Len

Is that Doppler radar.I see a lot of new aircraft are having it installed.Not to get off topic too much the Doppler 2 radar is used a lot by the U.S. weather service for tornadoes.In 2011 we had a really bad year for tornadoes and several hundreds people died.I was watching the tornado outbreak on the cable weather channel and their tornado expert Dr. Stephen Forbes was pointing out the tornadoes as they formed.The Doppler 2 apparently shows the debris in the air.Since that outbreak the U.S. government has deployed a lot more Doppler 2 radars and the extra time that people get has saved a lot of lives.