Churchill MK1 (reworked)

Hi all

Its been some time since my last post. This one has taken some time as I not been that happy with it. But I think this is as good as is going to get. It's a reworked Churchill MK1 from the research I have done it appears that reworking just means stick on whatever we have kicking around the factory. I've tried to give it training ground weathering with the look of a tank that is very well looked after but gets muddy from time to time. anyway have look and feel free to tell me what you think

jim

DSCN0257_zps50dcb910.jpg

DSCN0258_zps3f5db032.jpgDSCN0256_zpsb8240055.jpgDSCN0242_zpsac13304a.jpgDSCN0237_zpsa5587313.jpgDSCN0238_zps353984d9.jpgDSCN0252_zpsfb16c308.jpgDSCN0250_zps21490d99.jpgDSCN0249_zps5d11bd7f.jpgDSCN0253_zps40389a58.jpg

Edited by jimbob1974
  • Like 6

Superb job. I do like the early Churchills.

Is it an AFV Club kit with a conversion?

Regards.

Steve

Hi Steve

It's the AFV club MK III up gunned 75mm. I used the kit because it has the early type indy link track in the box. The conversion is a Inside the Armour MK I reworked kit (they also do a full MK I conversion kit but at £95 was a bit to costly for me) but the reworked did not have the early type air intakes so i got them from Resicast. I based it on a photograph of Titania form Tanks Illustrated No 25 that seems to show a MK I with fully upgraded suspension. The book also shows a very early MK III which is the welded turret with 6pdr gun on a MK II hull with early air intake covers which may be my next Churchill project. But i will be doing some other stuff before I get around to doing it

jim

Edited by jimbob1974

Is the colour your own mix or straight from a bottle?

Either way its great and really looks the part.

Regards

Steve

Steve

it's a mix from the Tamiya's British light utility (Tilly) so using Tamiya paint its XF-1 :1 XF-3 : 4 and XF-68 : 5 but its the one thing i really was unsure about. I feel it needs to be a little darker... but only a very little

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...