Nuclear weapons wanted

Bismark401

Any idea where I can find cold war era 1/72 scale nukes? I have been trying the spectra Resins website with no luck. They have an awesome section but not sure if they are n business any longer or not. Has anyone ever dealt with them? They have awesome looking castings of the Mark 6, Mark 17, Mark 36 and B-28 bombs used by the USAF in this period I’m looking to build. Any other suggestions besides than casting my own? I'm looking to do B-36 and B-52s form the 50's and 60's.

Biz

black-helicopter.jpg

Spectre Resin's other arm, Wolfpak Decals, is still active. They generally produce their resin products in small batches, if you e-mail Mark he should be able to tell you if and when they will be available again.

Biz,

Mark at Spectre Resins/Wolfpak Decals had a parting of the ways with the individual that originally did his resin casting for him. After that he was only able to get somebody to do it on a very part time basis, so the production has been somewhat scattershot for a while now. From talking to him at the recent IPMS U.S. Nats he said he had found somebody to do the casting, so I would expect the availability of his resin products to pick back up.

Regards,

Murph

• Like 1

I have been for years.............. :ninja:

Helicopters? Nothing a well aimed RPG can't handle.

Somehow I don't think the yield from a Mach 2 'Red Beard' will be of much concern to the Alphabet Agencies.

Hope Mark gets sorted soon, I need to re stock my 'Nukular Arsenal' :nuke::boom:

• Like 2

Ill get you a truck load when I go to Central Europe in November.
You could nip over to Belarus, they will trade you, but the real deal might look a bit silly on a plastic model so I would wait for Spectre Resins to start making his again, otherwise you could try ebay Ozmods B-61 and AGM-69

Thanks for the info about Spectra. I'll email again.

About being placed on the NSA watch list....What makes ya think I'm not already???? LOL

How do you get recognized on a busy forum page???? creativity always wins out

• Like 1

I wanted to write "NUCLEAR WEAPONS FOR SALE", but I'm worried to land on the NSA shortlist. Oops, to late!

The Italeri Hustler kit has some nukes as well. Not sure however about the exact type.

Alex

This is all good info. The challenge is finding variants from the 50's and 60's. The USAF alone had at least 30 different types.

Spectra Resins by far has the best I've ever seen in 1/72. Just looking to for 2 sets to build a B-36 and a B-52.

You need a Mk.17 for your B-36. Talk about your impressive beast (the bomb, much less the airplane). There's a Mk.17 casing sitting on the annex ramp at the AF Museum in Dayton. A buddy with inside access got me out there. You could make a nice man cave out of the casing for that thing!

Gents,

I'm in the process of contacting two individuals who have offered to cast my "Special Weapon Shapes" and will keep you informed. If all goes well they should be on sale by the first of November.

Mark S.

Spectre Resins & Wolfpak Decals

• Like 3

Gents,

I'm in the process of contacting two individuals who have offered to cast my "Special Weapon Shapes" and will keep you informed. If all goes well they should be on sale by the first of November.

Mark S.

Spectre Resins & Wolfpak Decals

Thats great news Mark.

There are a few bits I need from you.

I noticed on your website there are 2 items that are still in stock, are they actually still in stock or is it a mistake?

I didnt want to order just in case they are not and the order gets tied up in knots.

• 3 months later...

Sorry don't have any for sale but I do have a rather powerful catapult, a well used filleting knife and a cat who can freeze hell with her scowl. Don't know if these will help you start a revolution or not

• Like 1