Enterprise D

Hi folks, here's my latest - the AMT 1/2500 scale Enterprise D. It was built for a friend of mine, so I thought I'd have a little fun with it before it boldly goes to his house:

Just loafing around in orbit:

d5_zps77cf5707.jpg

Heading out into deep space:

d2_zps61792da2.jpg

"...engage!"

d8_zps06700186.jpg

Sailing past other planets:

d6_zps9946bce4.jpg

Some of which are a bit hotter than others:

d9_zps1382a50b.jpg

Then heading home:

d3_zps3c7bbe70.jpg

Safely back in orbit - which way IS up in space, anyway..?

d1_zps7a19364c.jpg

The model itself looks a lot more ordinary on its stand, doesn't it?

d10_zps85ff2767.jpg

Hope you like it,

Dean

Edited by Deanflyer
  • Like 14

Always loved the D.....................that could have something to do with Lt Natasha Yar, she can stun me anytime she wants.

Great build, the details make all the difference, and lovely photography too.

• 5 weeks later...

Fascinating build, and an excellent job.

I was recently given an untouched AMT 1/1400 scale Enterprise D. It doesn't have the horrendous decal sheet, you get to paint the details.

It's not really my bag, so if anyone would like to give it a home..............

Edited by bentwaters81tfw

Nice to see this has resurfaced again, thanks for the comments folks. My mate was well pleased with it when I delivered it to him a couple of weeks ago. He just needs to find somewhere to put it out of reach of his cats, now.

Love it , the patchwork of individual panels look like time consuming work, you did paint them didn't you?

Gary.

Nope - about 95% of the surface of the model is covered in decals. Have a look at the WIP thread for how much of a trial they were...

Fascinating build, and an excellent job.

I was recently given an untouched AMT 1/400 scale Enterprise D. It doesn't have the horrendous decal sheet, you get to paint the details.

It's not really my bag, so if anyone would like to give it a home..............

1/400? Are you sure? I've got a couple of the larger AMT Enterprise Ds in the stash, and I'm sure they're only 1/650...

Cheers all,

Dean

Yep, my mistook! 1/1400. Bloody dyspraxia.

I was given a refitted original from ST VI (kit #8617) as well. This is in sub assembles and partly painted white overall (it's faded to cream, and needs to be stripped) Doesn't quote a scale, but it's just under 2 feet long when assembled, same size box as the 'D'.

Again it could do with a loving home.

Yep, my mistook! 1/1400. Bloody dyspraxia.

I was given a refitted original from ST VI (kit #8617) as well. This is in sub assembles and partly painted white overall (it's faded to cream, and needs to be stripped) Doesn't quote a scale, but it's just under 2 feet long when assembled, same size box as the 'D'.

Again it could do with a loving home.

Don't worry, having just researched the kits I have in the stash, they're not 1/650 either - that would make them about a metre long when built! It seems AMT labelled them as 1/650 when they should have been 1/1400. I wonder if Round 2 corrected the error when they re-released them?

As for the Refit - PM me if you want to shift it...

Cheers,

Dean