Bangor Lad's Workbench

• 3 weeks later...

DSCF0427_zpshdbqlfxi.jpg

I'd made some progress before an enforced lay off from modelling due to work commitments but hopefully I'll be able to make some more progress soon.

Edited by Bangor Lad
typo
  • Like 3

Model was undercoated with Halfords grey primer and then pre-shaded with Vallejo Matt black. Overall colour is a Vallejo mix ( I can't recall exactly what shades) which was followed up with some lighter tones on the upper surfaces and in panel centres. Tracks, wheels and lower hull painted in an Earth mix and ready for detail painting and more weathering.

DSCF0459_zpsbahevvnd.jpg

Edited by Bangor Lad
Typo
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I decided to tidy up the workbench after finishing a couple of commission builds and get back to doing some work on the Cromwell and the figures. As I don't have a great deal of space I normally pack away any work in progress to make room for any new projects. Can I find the Cromwell? Will have another look today..... Must be getting old :(

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

A mix of Mini Art tank riders and Tamiya tank and Bren crew.

Still a bit of work to do on the uniforms and equipment. All painted with Vallejo acrylics. Infantry heads replaced with Resi Cast.
DSCF2924%201_zpsedl9csvy.jpg

• Like 6

On 08/01/2017 at 11:13 PM, robgizlu said:

Just caught up with this - really nice finish - I like your shade of green.  Tracks sitting very nicely.

Looks great.

Rob

Thanks Rob.

The tracks are simply glued to the tops of the roadwheels. It's a bit of a cheat but they look ok don't they?

Cheers

Dave

Figures look really good, especially with the replacement heads. The only one I don't like (no reflection on you), is the "runt" of the litter....second from the left. The Tamiya crewman. I'm sure Tamiya made him under scale. They did the same with their 1/48th figures.

John.

11 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Figures look really good, especially with the replacement heads. The only one I don't like (no reflection on you), is the "runt" of the litter....second from the left. The Tamiya crewman. I'm sure Tamiya made him under scale. They did the same with their 1/48th figures.

John.

I know what you mean, John but we all come in different sizes don't we?

Cheers

Nice going banger lad, I've got the mini art tank rider set in the stash. Now after seeing yours I need to find a project to put them on now.

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Nice going banger lad, I've got the mini art tank rider set in the stash. Now after seeing yours I need to find a project to put them on now.

Cheers,Ozzy

I really like this range of figures. They may not have the finesse of some ranges but the poses are really interesting and provide a great way to make some nice set pieces.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bangor Lad said:

Cheers,Ozzy

I really like this range of figures. They may not have the finesse of some ranges but the poses are really interesting and provide a great way to make some nice set pieces.

Got to agree with you, they do some good figure packs I've used a number of them in various projects. They seem to do kits with the pose I'm looking for.