Bangor Lad's Workbench

I've started this topic as a place to post any current works in progress.

IMG_4917_zps8a0cc52a.jpg

Tamiya's venerable PzII. This one's nearly done and should be finished soon. Filters, pastels, some extra stowage and crew then I'll call it done.

Thanks for looking!

• Like 9

This is a small base I've started for the PSC Firefly. It's only at the planning stage so plenty to do. Groundwork is Oasis florist's foam fixed to a ply base. I like using Oasis as it carves easily and takes PVA or textured gel.

IMG_4953_zps9f56cbf0.jpg

IMG_4956_zps1a492c45.jpg

Thanks for looking

• Like 5

They both look vey good indeed. Can't wait to see how the firefly looks onced finished, looks like you have it crossing a track? . I've tried the Gary oasis I found it didn't shape as well as the green, I think I will stick to green in future. I have been looking at loft insulation but only found big long pecies of it.

Edited by Ozzy

They both look vey good indeed. Can't wait to see how the firefly looks onced finished, looks like you have it crossing a track? . I've tried the Gary oasis I found it didn't shape as well as the green, I think I will stick to green in future. I have been looking at loft insulation but only found big long pecies of it.

Thanks for the comments. If you can get your hands on the pink insulation that lends itself to making good groundwork. A lot of railway modellers use it.

Cheers

Thanks for this, I've seen blue, I will have a look for pink next time I do the rounds of the DIY shops, I brought a gle gun to build my bases. As when I have an idea I can't wait for PVA glue to dry.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments. If you can get your hands on the pink insulation that lends itself to making good groundwork. A lot of railway modellers use it.

Cheers

The Firefly will be emerging on to a lane from behind a small farm building which will be on the corner. I've some Plastic Soldier Company figures which will be on the lane and next to the building. The scene is inspired by some of the many images from Normandy. It will also give me a chance to practice some scenic modelling.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The buildings look good, are they kits or scratch builds?

Hi Ozzy

They're both scratch builds. The burnt out building is just plain plasticard whereas the other one is a mixture of Ratio and Wills embossed/moulded sheets.

Glad you like them.

Cheers

• Like 1

I will keep an eye out for the roofing next time I go to my local model shop, it looks really good

d

Hi Ozzy

They're both scratch builds. The burnt out building is just plain plasticard whereas the other one is a mixture of Ratio and Wills embossed/moulded sheets.

Glad you like them.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress on a couple of Armourfast M4A2s

IMG_5069_zpsbf17e80d.jpg

IMG_5071_zpsd3319ffc.jpg

And the diorama base for my recently completed Firefly. Still loads to do!

IMG_5024_zpsa333701e.jpg

By the way, who says small scale armour needs less space, tools and general stuff?

IMG_5064_zps628bcd99.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

• Like 2

A little more progress this evening on the Armourfast M4A2s.

IMG_5087_zps0a6d652f.jpg

The tools are a little heavy but they will mostly be covered with a lot of post D Day stowage.

IMG_5085_zps71ec4ffb.jpg

IMG_5091_zps5f7b5377.jpg

Looking forward to getting these two primed and painted.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

You could make chevrons from thin sections of channel, trim to size, splay the ends out and glue to each track pad. Similarly you can make 'Duckbills' from channel, for the Dragon tracks you need 1.5mm channel cut into 1.5mm lengths and filed to shape. These are glued between the track pads after removing the end of the track pins. :pipe:

• Like 1

You could make chevrons from thin sections of channel, trim to size, splay the ends out and glue to each track pad. Similarly you can make 'Duckbills' from channel, for the Dragon tracks you need 1.5mm channel cut into 1.5mm lengths and filed to shape. These are glued between the track pads after removing the end of the track pins. :pipe:

I think I'll give it a try on the next batch. I think I've got the right sections in.

Thanks