Miles M38 Messenger, Pavla

Rare case in my collection - model almost just out of the box (only a few details added or modified). This is Miles M38 Messenger from Pavla - a personal airplane of Marshal Montgomery ("Monty")

miles 38 DSC01404miles 38 DSC01405miles 38 DSC01406miles 38 DSC01407miles 38 DSC01408miles 38 DSC01409

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 22

It was a while ago (exactly in 2003 - I just checked me notes)  but I do not remember any serious problems. Only the canopy I would do now a bit differently perhaps. Oxford was a bit more tricky, also mostly due to vacu canopies and windows. I think current  AZ model of Oxford is better.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JWM said:

It was a while ago (exactly in 2003 - I just checked me notes)  but I do not remember any serious problems. Only the canopy I would do now a bit differently perhaps. Oxford was a bit more tricky, also mostly due to vacu canopies and windows. I think current  AZ model of Oxford is better.

Cheers

J-W

Thanks J-W.  I think I might have to get myself the AZ version. 

• Like 1

Gents, many thanks

BTW - So far I rescued from p-bucket crisis all my threads about models from A to M (included) - this is about 140...

I keep going on with this stupid job :rage:

Cheers

J-W

Very nice model Jerzy of a plane not often seen. Pavla did some  nice kits with nice surface detail  but they are not always easy to build. The Typhoon 

I built seemed to be in quite a hard plastic and it took ages to thin the the wing trailing edges and get the undercarriage bays to fit. 

• Like 1

Michael and Martin - many thanks for comments. The Pavla kits has sometimes surprising weak points, as it is in fact a short run. So the trust in quality must be limited in some way :) Regarding short-runs -  I did one Potez XXV by Hit-kit and now I am doing the second one. The quality of plastic is dramaticly different!  Apparently no ISO norm applied ;)

Cheers

J-W