Nieuport NiD52, Spanish Civil War, Heller NiD 622 conversion

The next "bird" is Nieuport Delage NiD 52, fabricated on licence by Hispano in Guadalajara, Spain. This is markings of Spanish Republican Air Forces during Spanish Civil War in 1937.

At present there is available kit for this airplane, by Azur, as I think - although a "teen" years ago, when I did it there was only kit of newer Nieuport - the NiD 622 from Heller available in 1/72. The NiD 622 has different wing(s) and coolers then that of NiD 52. Anyway - I had a drawings, the differences were not that big, so I found feasible to do conversion... I do not have any photos documenting my work, unfortunately. However, perhaps you may find it iteresting that the wheels were done using the same method as I did in case of Bristol Bulldog, what I had described on our forum before, in post on Bulldog. In this moment I do not even remember - which one was first? - NiD 52 or Bulldog?

So, perhaps you will enjoy the photos of result :)

nid 52 DSC01451nid 52 DSC01450nid 52 DSC01449nid 52 DSC01448nid 52 DSC01447

nid 52 DSC01452nid 52 DSC01453

I found interesting to make photo on illustration from a book which I used as a source:

nid 52 DSC01454

This book is Polsh monography on Spanish Civil War Fighters - written by many years ago by people, who I know well (my Brother and his friend):

nid 52 DSC01455

Best regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 7

Did get the kit last week, but the release with Nationalists markings.

Thank you!

Now for sure I would not do the conversion of Heller kit, when the nice kit of NiD 52 exsists...It is a good choice, nice airplane to do. The Nationalists markings are also very pictorial.

Very nice, that's quite a collection you have going there!

Thank you also!

As I mention in a Wallace post I have more than 300 models - so I just started posting them... :) Ok, do not worry - I will not show all of them, only a half :)...

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

I hope at least  some new memebers will not blame me for returning this thread to RFI as a by effect of rescueing old threads...(...bucket to flickr)

Regards

J-W