TIGER I n.112 - 501 s.pz.abt.- Italeri 1.35

ironwork

A first batch of selective filters around details, with a dark metallic tone.

dsc_0765wl.jpg

Just use a water wet round brush, take a bit of filter with the tip, then turn around raised details and inside panel lines.

This is a little trick to add a subtle metallic effect, which helps removing the plastic-toy look from the model.

Edited by ironwork
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@ Kahunaminor : welcome into the tankers cave... :pilot:

Burnt bow apart, i wanted a scarcely worn machine. I just added some light rusty washes with a bit of filter over some flat plates and mudguards.

A thin veil of structured filter rebro rust is spread over the water wet surface, to achieve a soft pattern. The actual amount is much less than shown into picture. Just let the part lie flat, until the filter is almost dry, to achieve a regular pattern.

dsc_0775wl.jpg

dsc_0779wl1.jpg

dsc_0774wl.jpg

• Like 5

I've only recently had a go at some tanks, however they were in 1/72, but I do rather like the detail on these larger ones and I have to say the work you are doing on this is amazing. I have bookmarked this for future reference. Thank you for sharing.

Absolutely stunning work there ironwork! The rust and wear'n'tear effects you are achieving are some of the most realistic I've seen. Beautiful! Well done.

One sure advantage of these resins, is that when dry, any excess or unwanted pattern can be soflty removed with a brush.

dsc_0807wl.jpg

For a dry looking earth, the whole is then definitely fixed with thinned matt clear finish, MATT LOCK

dsc_0809wl.jpg

Then

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

But... a the very last minute, i noticed that crude plastic was visible from cooling grills !

With some forex pieces i arranged a pair of look-like fuel tanks and cooling fans. Just essential shapes, for what is visible in the shadow.

dsc_0803wl.jpg

dsc_0804wl.jpg

dsc_0805wl.jpg

dsc_0806wl.jpg

• Like 1

I've just caught up with this Beppe, and it's impressive stuff - I love the rust bubbles you used on the gun sleeve :clap2: The backing for the grilles was a master-stroke too :worthy: