Fine Molds 1/72 TIE/Ln fighter

As a long time lurker, I'd like to share my first completed Star Wars model (as well as my first completed scale model in general). I began painting wargaming figures in 2012 before taking the leap in to scale models (Star Wars models specifically) this year, so I wasn't without any experience. I have just about every one of the Fine Molds models left to build (another TIE, TIE Interceptor, TIE/x1, two X-wings, Y-wing, Jedi starfighter, Slave 1, and both the 1/72 and /144 Millennium Falcon models). It will be some time before I will finish them all as I am also a commission miniature painter in addition to my normal day job, so I don't get a lot of time to work on my own projects (it does fund the hobby, so there's that).

I completed this model in about four days, which is fast for me, and it was painted in Tamiya and Vallejo acrylics as well as 502 Abteilung oils. Photos were taken with a Nikon D3100 and processed with Gimp2.0. I wrote a short build log on my blog for those interested.

newtie.png
tierear.png
tieflying.png

• Like 7

That's one nice TIE Fighter, particularly for a first foray into plastic kits.

What colours did you use on the body? Edit: read your blog so now know it is Sky Grey! Right for episode IV but in V & VI they were given a slight blue tint.

Love the base.

The FM kits are all great kits and build well, pity they have list the SW licence to Bandai.

The Experimental TIE is just as nice a kit though the wings take a bit more masking!

Cheers,

Warren

Thanks for the positive response everyone! It is greatly appreciated.

Love it, great build, must get some of these for a dio idea

Better hurry!

Fine Molds no longer carries the license to produce these kits so they are getting increasingly harder to find and more and more expensive. Bandai will be taking over the Star Wars license and begin producing models later this year. It is known that they will offer TIE fighters and X-wings in 1/72 but the quality and accuracy of the kits is unknown.