Tentatively Trying Acrylics...

viscount806x

Sorry for the late reply. Lifecolor's range has worked for me so far, I haven't found it any more limited than Tamiya's. Maybe I have just been lucky so far!

Thanks Andy, you more or less confirm what I have picked up from others and my own experience. Where do you pick up your supplies from?

Thanks

Mr Hobby stuff I get from MDC either at shows or online and Tamiya I can get (luckily) from a local modelshop or when REALLY stuck Hobbycraft. Online I can get Tamiya from Halifax Modellers World in Yorkshire, very good people to deal with.

Mr Hobby stuff I get from MDC either at shows or online and Tamiya I can get (luckily) from a local modelshop or when REALLY stuck Hobbycraft. Online I can get Tamiya from Halifax Modellers World in Yorkshire, very good people to deal with.

Thanks for that info Andy, worth knowing.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Scotland, and the only shop I know of that stocked Vallejo is Mathieson's in The Saltmarket, Glasgow. The last time I looked at their website, they did not do orders over the internet.

Just in case anybody looks in vain for "Mathiesons" either in Saltmarket, Glasgow or on the web, it's actually Jamiesons Models. I usually call in about once a month and they have plenty of Vallejo and Lifecolor. Being local-ish I have no need to buy by mail but they certainly do internet mail order nowadays:

http://jamiesonsmodels.co.uk//index.php

Hi Will

Although I have no connection with Ian Jamieson other than as a longstanding customer, his is one of the very few "proper" bricks and mortar model shops left in Scotland and I consider that every Scottish modeller has a sacred duty to do what he/she can to help him stay in business. Hence my correction of the information in your post :winkgrin:

Dave G

been using acrylics off and on. It depends upon what colours l need. I have a truck load of testors enamels but still l am thinking trying more acrylics. Gunze makes great stuff but hard to get here in canada and for some strange reason they are on the banned list for solvents. Want to try lifecolour,AK, and a few others for more authentic colours but again not readily available in canada.

Hi Skodadriver,

I agree, I visited it two or three times when I lived in Airdrie, and loved it. The only problem was my credit card got a real fright on each visit. There is a small model shop in Kirkcaldy called Scoonie Hobbies, I go there very occasionally when I am in that part of Fife, but they don't stock ships. In addition, there is a very small model shop in Dunfermline quite close to the Abbey and I've bought a couple of ships there too. Sadly, that's it. I used to enjoy visiting Youngs in Paisley in my early teens, but it disappeared decades ago.

Best Wishes,

Will.