This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

12 posts in this topic

Greetings to everybody at Britmodeller. As a keen modeller I look forward to discussing all things arctic and sub zero and scale with you all in the future.

Best Wishes, Steve.

1 person likes this

Welcome aboard, Steve.

Just wondering what PI&S have in their product portfolio? I'm (long-term) planning a bit of a diorama based on a photo I saw of a MiG-29 in a snow revetment at Domna air base...it would be nice to have some authentic-looking 'Scottish Sunshine'! I know there are some American products around, but lack any clear idea how they are used (and if they are any good?).

Cheers.

Bit :cold: in here, innit? :welcome: to your sub-forum Steve :)

2 people like this

Welcome aboard, Steve.

Just wondering what PI&S have in their product portfolio? I'm (long-term) planning a bit of a diorama based on a photo I saw of a MiG-29 in a snow revetment at Domna air base...it would be nice to have some authentic-looking 'Scottish Sunshine'! I know there are some American products around, but lack any clear idea how they are used (and if they are any good?).

Cheers.

Hi There, pleased to hear from you and thanks for your query and thank you for your warm welcome! Take a tour of our website and FB pages and Youtube channel also. There will be something that might help and a guide that matches your needs.

The American products are OK but our product is purpose made for scale modellers and has scale everything. Weight, refraction, sparkle, build, etc, etc, etc. We think that we can exactly re-produce any ice and snow effect in any scale in ways that have not been possible before.

Check out this test Tiger we used for some of our photo shoots. look at the spare track links and look how the soft powder snow is sitting on top of them. The application of snow is 100% realistic. The more you look at the model, the more you can appreciate the realism.

We proudly make our product in Britain and it is the only product in the world able to reproduce these effects at this scale for instance. 1/ 76th scale.

Nice to chat to you, Steve.

DSCF6004_zpsedead1c1.jpg

3 people like this

Bit :cold: in here, innit? :welcome: to your sub-forum Steve :)

Cheers mike, great to be here and it's gonna get a lot colder!!!!!!! :santa:

1/35th scale

croppedwire_zpscfaf436d.jpg

3 people like this

Great to see you hear again Steve welcome back to the fun mad house BM is. Look forward to seeing your next dios.

Cheers Rob ;)

Yeah, cheers Rob, It will be either be a Sturmtiger, or T-34 with super detailed ice and snow effects...........H'mmmmmmmmmmmmm Now which one?

Many thanks for the response, Steve -I'll check this out for sure.

(Erm...it's not granulated sugar now, is it? :winkgrin: )

1 person likes this

Many thanks for the response, Steve -I'll check this out for sure.

(Erm...it's not granulated sugar now, is it? :winkgrin: )

Ha, ha ha ha ha. "One lump or two?" :D

Cheers mike, great to be here and it's gonna get a lot colder!!!!!!! :santa:

1/35th scale

croppedwire_zpscfaf436d.jpg

You managed to make August the coldest month.....Bravo! :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

COOLEST thread...

:chillpill::tomato::worthy:

Too true and thank you for looking!

Grief%20Comes%20to%20Greif%20-%20J.%20Ri