Nato Summit

cardiff guy

just got home from Cardiff Bay the fly past was half hour late but worth it also took a look at the ships on the quay side. been busy here this week lots of Merlin's flying around seen a few Typhoon's as well .

Glenn.

timeaway2014606_zpsf175a3d0.jpg

timeaway2014607_zpsb9647b37.jpg

timeaway2014610_zpscf99dd09.jpg

timeaway2014608_zpsd14e6a92.jpg

timeaway2014615_zps73b362bf.jpg

timeaway2014614_zpsfdc0d1d6.jpg

timeaway2014613_zpsb89bd3e7.jpg

timeaway2014616_zps1f53859a.jpg

timeaway2014617_zps450589bb.jpg

timeaway2014618_zps4775a621.jpg

sorry for the quality they were off my Phone .

Glenn.

Edited by cardiff guy
  • Like 3

just got home from Cardiff Bay the fly past was half hour late .........................

Yes it was especially annoying that they were half an hour late, I had waited outside of our office in Barry at 8.30 in the hope of catching them on their way to Cardiff and Newport, but they didn't arrive overhead until almost 9.00 by which time I was busily engaged on a call.

• Like 1

just got home from Cardiff Bay the fly past was half hour late but worth it also took a look at the ships on the quay side. been busy here this week lots of Merlin's flying around seen a few Typhoon's as well .

Glenn.

timeaway2014615_zps73b362bf.jpg

sorry for the quality they were off my Phone .

Glenn.

That is one heck of a poor mould seam on the underside :banghead: maybe the RAF should read Britmodeller for a few hints?

Yes it was especially annoying that they were half an hour late, I had waited outside of our office in Barry at 8.30 in the hope of catching them on their way to Cardiff and Newport, but they didn't arrive overhead until almost 9.00 by which time I was busily engaged on a call.

Ant, don't know how they were half an hour late as the pdf for the flypast said they'd be at "C" 0730-0815 which, as it says "all times UTC" you needed to add an hour on so 0830-0915 which means they wouldn't have been "on-top" until 0900.

The timings for the flypast were given out in the media, the BBC in particular gave an ETA at Cardiff Bay of 08.30 and 08.45 at Celtic Manor, I wasn't even sure I'd see them in Barry, but as it was they flew directly over us, most of the guys went out to watch it, but typically I was the one who got tied up in a call :doh:

Drove up by Celtic Manor yesterday, returning from Cornwall , couldn't belive the numbers of police milling about , looked to be about a hundred on the roundabout, at J24, below the hotel and then one every fifty yards or so inside the security fence up the side of the A449.

Coundn't help thinking this was window dressing and the real security was well hidden away.

Andrew

Edited by Andrew Jones

The two Merlins that flew around with Obama have made a couple appearences over the Mendips the past couple days and there has been some high altitude fast jets patrolling (have been able to hear them very often).

Interestingly the Air Ambulance flee into the exclusion zone and there have been a few aircraft doing practice air displays near to where I live (just SE of the exclusion zone).

Ben