Northrop Delta - scratch, US Eritrea 1941

Since I like to do conversions I decided to try to do Northrop Delta on the basis of Williams Bros Northrop Gamma. This is a rare, hard to get kit, I had one, so I made just a resin copy of wings, undercarridge and horizontal stabilizers. The engine and fuselage had to be done from scratch. It was hard to decide what colours should given - my favorit is one from secret US mission in Eritrea, so called mission 19. More about it for example is here:

http://www.warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809

The basis of fuselage is... - reversed up side down P47 bubletop from Novo (sic!) The basis of canopy is from Ju86D (Italeri). Cowling basis (reshaped) is from Harvard (Academy) and engine itself is a resin copy of Williams Bross Boeing 247.

It started like this:

north deltaDSC08696north deltaDSC08695

The canopy had to be changed a little (here you may see that plan is for Canadian Vickers vesrsion):

north delta DSC08708

Here is alredy advanced

north delta DSC08973

This is the result of scratch build:

northr delta DSC09944northr delta DSC09941mnorthr delta DSC09943northr delta DSC09940north delta DSC09942mnorth delta DSC09941North delta DSC01372

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 22

• 2 years later...

Better later then never... - Gents, many, many thanks for comments, :blush:

I have question (or ask to Administrator)  in topic I 've wrote with mistake "Nothrop" instead of "Northrop". Can it be corrected somehow? 

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

You have done a great job with this one, a piece of aviation history that I have never heard of. It's a pity Gamma kits weren't easier to come by as I have built both of mine.

Well done,  Trev.

• Like 1