Lancs!

Graham T

At a friends in roydon (near Harlow) last night about 7 when there was the unmistakable roar of multiple Merlins. We rushed outside just it time to see both Lancs at about 500ft as they disappeared behind the roofs. Great sight but where were they going or coming from I wonder?

No idea where they were going but I saw two spitfires heading over my house in North Essex at about 6 pm, heading north, low flying. Possibly the same event?

No idea where they were going but I saw two spitfires heading over my house in North Essex at about 6 pm, heading north, low flying. Possibly the same event?

Because of MOD cutbacks they were most probably on their way to Iraq
  • Like 5

The two Lanc's and the two Spit's (MkXVIe & PRXIX) were flying from Eastbourne Airshow, via Headcorn, Kent where they performed superbly. They were at Biggin Hill Friday I believe.

A great shame that the weather has stopped them flying today...Glad I saw them yesterday at Headcorn.....

IMG_7070_zps951fc4e9.jpg

IMG_7080_zps340a7694.jpg

I don't understand why there isn't at least one flypast over London on the schedule. They seem to be pretty much everywhere else across the country... I'll try to make it to Clacton next Friday and that's more or less the only chance for me. If the weather is bad then that's it...

• Like 1

...would love to, but can't really get out of my shift for Thursday.

Well, at least you've got the Red Arrows to look forward to :winkgrin: !

I am also going to Clacton, but on Thursday, for one reason: VULCAN!!!! :thumbsup:

Simon

Yes, looking forward to this one, weather forecast is good for Thursday, but that can change.

Still buzzing after seeing the two lancs start up in front of me last Wednesday, awesome sight and sound.

Paul

Edited by paulj
  • Like 1

I'm hoping to go to Duxford's show next month (September). I checked the list of participants and saw the BBMf's Lancaster is slotted for the Sunday but there's no mention of the Canadian Lancaster, The CWHM website suggests that they *might* be at Duxford. Strange, I thought, so contacted IWM Duxford. This is their reply:

"Thank you for your email with regard to the Duxford Air Show Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 September.

Please be informed that we are presently in conversation with the Canadian Lancaster Team, but we have yet to confirm their attendance on either Saturday or Sunday.

We expect the BBMF Lancaster on Sunday 14 September.

Please keep an eye on our website for the flying participation list as this will be published in due course.".

Fingers crossed! I find it strange that Duxford wasn't (amost) first in line to invite the Canadians to appear but there you go!

Jonny

I don't understand why there isn't at least one flypast over London on the schedule. They seem to be pretty much everywhere else across the country... I'll try to make it to Clacton next Friday and that's more or less the only chance for me. If the weather is bad then that's it...

I can't say I've spotted anywhere over northern England where the two will be together.

Excellent thanks for that.

I hadn't checked your first link. However your second link is the one I referred to above. That only shows Lanc/Spit/Hurri. All the previous display entries ones that have the two displaying show "2 Lancs".

I'll believe the first link then. :thumbsup2: