Xtracrylics versus Xtracolour

Rover420

Has any body noticed a difference in colour between the acrylics and enamels from Xtracolour/crylics

I have just painted a 1/72 Spitfire1 with enamels and the colours are completely different from the associated acrylics. the D Earth has a green hue to it and the D Green has a lighter finish, or so it looks to me. They are very close to each other in shade, so much so, that I painted the canopy framing D Earth before I noticed I had picked up the wrong tin!. I have had no problem with the acrylics as the D Earth has a reddish hue, blue-ish in the green and they look right.

When compared to a Spitfire and Hurricane I made about twenty years ago, sprayed with Xtracolour enamels, (made and painted while on night shift security at the Serious Fraud Office!) the colours are very close to the acrylic finish.

BTW, both were stirred well using a 'power stirrer'.

Graeme

Not to sure on the accuracy of the DE or DG. I have not noticed the difference in the MSG. Could be that I have been using the acrylics for larger scales and the enamels for smaller. Will check when I get home tonight. The Acrylic paints I have got look right on my rag wing hurricane. They actually look like the finish on corgi die cast planes.

Wonder if they use Humbrol paint on those.

I think a bit of experimenting will have to take place! But don't wait up.