Any model shops near RAF Cosford

Rodders

Hi All,

A friend has kindly offered to take me to the museum at Cosford in about a months time. I just wanted to ask if there are any models shops nearby. That's it basically. Can anyone help,

Thanks.

hi Rodders,

King Kit is about twenty minutes away by car, but you can't look around - only pick up previously ordered stuff - but they generally have a good selection showing on their website.

There is a shop inside the museum which has a few bits and pieces, (Airfix & Revell kits), with some secondhand books and there always seem to be a few books reduced as well.

Other than that I think your into places like Hobbycraft in Wolverhampton which really doesn't count, (does it?)..hopefully someone else can point out the best local model shop..

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

How about Mr. Models in Brum?

Mr Models isn't in the centre of Brum but in the little district of Bearwood to the west of the city. Fortunately that puts them nearer to Cosford and not too far off the M6

Mike

They sell models in the shop at Cosford, but you have to pay full price for them, I think they sell paints and such but can't remember

Hopefully, the profits from which go toward keeping this glorious museum open, so please bear that in mind :)

In Birmingham, on Vyse St in Hockley is an amazing little model shops called Parrabellum. Otherwise, the Cosford shop itself has a pretty decent selection of kits and they all seemed very reasonably priced when i was there about three weeks ago. There is also a new model shop on Bloxwich High Street in Walsall (WS3). I cant the name but he does have a few 1/72 and 1/76 kits and is comstantly expanding his stock.

Cheers,

Viv