an excellent alternative to klear

speedbird

Hi guys. I’m still relatively new around here having joined a couple of days ago. Needless to say I’m still trying to find my way round. Anyway I though should pass on some info regarding a very good alternative to Johnsons clear that’s readily available in the UK. If you’re all aware of it then please forgive me for passing on old news but so far I have not seen any one mention it.

Quick shine floor finish is available from Lakeland stores throughout the UK. It may be available elsewhere but I get mine from the Lakeland’s store in meadow hall in Sheffield. Quick shine is a milky white liquid that dries crystal clear with a high gloss finish. It has about the same viscosity as clear and can be used in exactly the same way. it’s a bit expensive at £10.99 but you get 800 ml in a bottle. I have been using it now for over a year and I have had no problems at all in fact the finish after three coats seems flatter and more glossy than clear and it doesn’t seem to darken the colours as much. It also seems less not to run or puddle as much as clear. To be honest I have three full bottles of clear in the cupboard but I’ve not used a drop since I got this bottle of quick shine. I cant say how it sprays however as I have not done that yet but its great for thinning Tamiya paints and make them much easier to brush paint.

IMPORTANT!!! MAKE SURE YOU GET THE STUFF IN THE GREEN BOTTLE AND NOT THE RED ONE AS THAT’S SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

I have posted a link below, hope that’s ok and once again if this product is familiar to anyone reading then please accept my apologies. .. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/20286/Quick-Shine-Floor-Finish

Mike