P-51D + F-51D, Sweet Arlene and Korean war bird, both FINISHED

Wolwe82

I really like the look of the F-51 you're making as it looks like a real korean warhorse, they were deffinately worked hard in a difficult climate especially with the harsh winters they get in korea, I think I will try to replicate this look when I complete the F-51 I have in the stash, it's quite inspirational this thread! :goodjob:

Rich

Edited by Rich G
  • Like 1

Thanks Rich :) I have gathered some images of realy badly weathered mustangs (sadly most of these are just from side so you cant see wings), so i ll post the images here later when i get home :) for some better inspiration :D

Nice weathering Wolwe, certainly not too over the top, and the ref. pics. are very interesting, as they

show the differences in the state the planes could end up. Food for thought as I don't actually do any

weathering,

Sean

• Like 1

So the F-51D is finished now too :)

Today afternoon and evening i was working hard to get all the little parts together - gear, bombs, rockets. All painted and weathered. I did also some more weathering to the airframe - scratches around cowling and on the panels covering ammo belts and exhaust stains - i did not do the huge stains going from the oil or whatever opening (the hole in cowling under exhausts) - it seems the planes with the tubes stuck into these holes (like this one had) did not suffer on this stains.

Also i added wire under tail (now i noticed i forgot to add the antena stick, ll have to do that tomorrow), painted all lights, added the wires to rockets, painted canopy rails and finaly assembled everything together. Then i did some dusting on the belly/bombs. I realy have to learn to work with the pigments properly - mainly because i usualy end up with pigment dust literaly everywhere all around the room! :)

So here are two quick shots, more tomorrow when there ll be better light :)

053.jpg

054.jpg

Once the shots are made, i m going to start next project i guess, because i ll need a bit of break from mustangs :D 4 mustangs in row is just enough for me now:) So it looks next ll be Airfixs Fw 190 as i have some Eduard sweeties for it and probably Spitfire IX (else beer conversion or PR pink), both for D-Day GB :)

edit: and ofcourse, as i was dusting the bombs, i managed to lose the little "propellers" from the tops.. noticed just now

Edited by Wolwe82
  • Like 1

Morning guys, so even though there is not best weather outside, i did some shots of the F-51D, because i have to go to work later. Big thanks to all of you for the support you gave me while building both Sweet Arlene and this "Was that too fast?" babies :) Hope you ll like her. The exhaust staining might be a bit overdone, as i was finising it late last night , in the dark it did not look so hard. Well, i m still learning :)

More images ll be in RFI :)

055.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

064.jpg

067.jpg

And all the mustangs from my stable :) 4 of them were finished (while 3 of them built O.o for me thats kind of speed of light! :D ) in last 25 days (only the RAF Mustang IV was finished earlier). I like them all, all of them are special for me (like all my kits are :) ), though the Shangri La and The Iowa beaut are on top of my list :)

081.jpg

So once again big thanks to all for watching, reading, helping and supporting me :) I know i have the racer to build yet, but i ll need a bit of time to get something else to my eyes :) Hopefuly there is enough time yet to finish the racer too :)

I ll see you around in your builds threads till then :)

Edited by Wolwe82
  • Like 6