Universal Carrier - 7th AD Normandy

Excellent job. Did you lower the rear suspension? It may just be the angle of the photo, but you seem to have captured the classic tail down sit of an overloaded carrier!

Ian

Excellent job. Did you lower the rear suspension? It may just be the angle of the photo, but you seem to have captured the classic tail down sit of an overloaded carrier!

Ian

Hi Ian

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, I did alter the suspension. Nothing really complicated I just altered the fixing points to allow them to swivel a little to give that tail down look of an overloaded carried. I'll have a look to see if I've got any in progress photos that might show it any clearer.

I put some sag in the tracks by pinning them in place with some fine brass wire. The tracks are the weakest part of the kit but with a bit of mud n dust they don't look too bad.

Cheers

Edited by Bangor Lad

• 2 weeks later...

Looks really effective, how did you do the grass on the side of the road?

The grass is a Gaugemaster product. If you have a look at my other topics they show a bit more of the material. I quite like using it as it's quite versatile and works in several scales.

Cheers

I've been using paint brush heads or woodland senic grass, then trimming them down, I will give gaugemaster a go, as it it looks like the effect I've been after. Cheers

• Like 1