1/76 or 1/72 WW2 tea van decals?

Simon

Hello

I'm making a rare excursion into modelling vehicles for another project, and I'm busy with a conversion of the Airfix K2 ambulance into a tea van. Are there currently any decals around for either a NAAFI or YMCA version?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon

The only ones I'm aware of are from black lion decals set 72025 for us and uk service vans which comes with some ymca signs.

Cant post a link as on my phone, but google will find them.

Hope this helps

Ben

Simon,

If you're converting an Austin K2Y ambulance into a civilian tea van, you may need to change the radiator surround from the military pattern used on the ambulance to the civilian version used on commercial (ie civilian) and AFS Austin K2 and K4 based vehicles. I don't know which scale you intend to use but the civilian version is tricky to represent on a model. Take a look at a photograph of the specific vehicle that you intend to model.

Good luck,

Gordon McLaughlin

Thanks Gordon, I hadn't spotted that. You're correct, of course, and it does indeed look a tricky one to reproduce.

As luck would have it I've already detailed the radiator in the military pattern - my WiP is here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965516-airfix-austin-k2-canteen-van-conversion/

Regards

Simon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I sent off an order to Matador for some decals on September 15th, and I've not heard anything back. I can't see an e-mail address or phone number on their website - does anyone have any contact details apart from their postal address?

Cheers

Simon

Thanks Graham

I keep checking to see if my cheque's been paid in by them, but nothing so far. It's going on for seven weeks now since I posted my order to them, and I'm slightly frustrated by the fact I can't phone or e-mail them - good job my 159 Sqn Liberator's taking so long to finish...!

Cheers

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

That's a brilliant idea away from the norm. I can just see it now in a dio of an airfield, bombsite or other. You can never have too much tea in modelling.

'Where there is tea, there is hope.'

Edited by Darby

• 1 month later...

When it comes to ordering from Matador Models - don't hold your breath! 2 years and 3 months, several reminder letters and at least a handful of phone calls and I am still waiting for some pretty basic items to be sent! Mind you, had some real doozy excuses.