Eduard Spitfire IX.C Early

Just finished this one. Without doubt, one of the best kits I have ever built. I have both of the other variants in the stash and will be starting on those pretty quickly. Got an Airfix V.b to build first though....

Sorry about the quality of the photos.

IMG_1166_zpscb3ada7b.jpg

IMG_1167_zpsfd8dcd37.jpg

IMG_1170_zps6d58f5a8.jpg

• Like 11

Very cool build, and nice job on eliminating any trace of the seam on the two part upper cowl.

One question about the cannon, the outboard ones look to be missing their caps, or was this something characteristic to this particular

Spitfire or squadron?

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

According to the instructions the caps are missing. I am slightly cynical on that point and have them safely squirrelled should I/Eduard be proven wrong!

Found this photo, it looks covered and seems a bit concave. Really can't tell if it is a cap of some sort, or maybe even doped over like the gun ports?

ZX6_2a.jpg

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Somehow managed to miss this the first time around - that is an excellent looking Spitfire! Well done. I've recently finished the late version and I have to agree they do seem to be lovely kits.

Have you started your Airfix Mk.Vb yet? I'm currently building one and it's quite a good experience to so far.