Revell 1/72 Mikoyan MiG 1.44 MFI

Hi Everyone,

Here is my 2nd completed build for today : Mikoyan MiG 1.44 MFI Advanced Multi Role Fighter Technology Demonstrator.

The landing gear seems to have the usual Revell problem where 1 side seems to collapse after gluing into place, but can be made to fit with a bit of work (which I have done).

The kit comes with 2 different schemes for the prototype aircraft. I have built it in the second scheme as its slightly more colourful.

According to Wikipedia, the NATO reporting name for the MiG 1.44 is Flatpack. There was another version which had the NATO reporting name of Foxglove, which was a possible aircraft for production.

Here is a link to the Wikipedia page about the aircraft : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikoyan_Project_1.44

Anyway onto the photos :

MiG144Lefthandside_zpsbfa2b00e.jpg

MiG1443quarterrighthandside_zpsc079cf90.

MiG1443quartertoprighthandside_zps4044eb

MiG144Top_zps4284ccf7.jpg

The only thing that this good looking jet needs is some weapons to go under the wings as they are really bare with just the pylons under the wings. I have gotta find something to make those wings look a bit better.

Comments are welcome, thanks for looking.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 6

Now rusting away on the ramp at Zhukovsky and going nowhere......

day1_055.JPG

According to Wikipedia, the NATO reporting name for the MiG 1.44 is Flatpack

Which proves that the ASCC/ASIG have a sense of humour.

The Russian designation of the 1.44 project was 'Multi Function Istrebitel(Fighter)' or MFI.

What do you get from MFI ?? - FLATPACK furniture....... :yahoo:

Ken

PS - Nice model BTW :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Nice work. I haven't seen this one with russian flag on it's back.

I saw this aircraft in hobby store where I buy my models. It was Zvezdas kit. I think Zvezda made a better model since they have the licence from OKB Mikoyan. It is written on the box.

Last year I went to the Belgrade fair to visit military exibition Partner 2013. There I found OKB Mikoyan promoter who told me that this project, the 1.44, was canceled due the ''internal problems'' that Russia and its factories had in the 90's. He didn't want to speak anything more about this aircraft.

Edited by Mikoyan_21

Nice work. I haven't seen this one with russian flag on it's back.

You can see it in my photo - at the right, just above the MiG-29.

It was parked over on the Mikoyan 'secret' ramp in 2009 - where I sneaked off this photo without getting arrested!!

day04_010.jpg

Ken

• 4 months later...