Xtracolor X-140 FS16622

scotthldr

Hi all,

Just a word of warning for any of you that may have the above paint in your collection.

I bought this tinlet a few months back and cracked it open last night, it thinned ok and it sprayed ok, however when I checked on the drying progress this morning there were small Dark Grey flecks all through the now dried paint.

After some investigation it turns out that the tinlet is contaminated with these particles whatever they are? I phoned the retailer were I purchased the tinlet and he checked two different tins from different batches the first was also contaminated and came from the same batch I had, the second is clear of particles.

The dodgy batch number is 1012

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this.

It turns out that this problem isn't confined to X-140 FS16622. A fellow member on another site noticed that his tinlet of X157 FS16176 had the same problems, so I checked my tinlet of X-157 and it is also contaminated with these particles, both tins of X157 come from batch 1012 the same as the X-140 mentioned earlier.

So if you use Xtracolor I would strongly recommend that you check all your tinlets for batch 1012 before using them.

Edited by scotthldr
  • Like 1