My What-if speculations Part 4

Bungled

You'll excuse me if I continue with my musings. Not all What-ifs are intended, some come about by accident. A case in point is the A&V resin model of the Tachikawa Ki-94 . Ok so the ki-94 in itself could be called a What-if in so much as the design never left the drawing board. The push pull twin prop arrangement was deemed to complex and the ki-94 development team turned the design into a single engined high altitude fighter coded the ki-94-II.

This is my original kit of the ki-94..

ki-94_Orig.jpg

Now enter into the mix one large tabby moggie that likes to go where he's not supposed. Least said I'm sure you can work out the scenario for yourself, cat, shelf, model, cat moves, model moves, cat jumps, model falls, cat lands gracefully, model ..... doesn't.

Now as a youngster my big brother warned me about the monster under the bed, my mother said there was no such things as monsters and I believed her. I now realise the monster wasn't under the bed it was the carpet. To this day I have yet to find the front prop from the crashed Ki-94. I have searched, I have cleaned up, I've even changed furniture but three bladed prop ? No where to be seen.

So what to do ? I had in the spares box the nose of an Academy F-86 and the tail pipe of some unknown yet. A quick bit of surgery so low and behold the ki-94-I

What If #5

Tachikawa Ki-94-I Raiju (Thunder Beast)

ki-94_1a.jpg

ki-94_2.jpg

Mind you it wouldn't get very far the jet blast would probably melt the tail plane !
  • Like 3

I love it, and a great recovery as well.

It looks really good and very believable which is even better!

Yes I think we all have rather large carpet monsters at home.....plus I have dust bunnies that just love making homes inside cockpits......once closed up!

Rummaging in my old photo files I found another Japanese jet that I did built many years ago.

1946.... America still did not have the A bomb and Japan had not quite been forced back to the home islands. The skies were full of the me262 inspired Kikka and the me163 like Shusui. The Imperial Japanese Navy need their own jet powered reconnaissance seaplane and thanks to a bit of espionage and help from the still non-belligerent Soviets they got it, the Kawanishi E17K1 Navy Experimental 21-Shi 'Takumi'.(Open Sky)

Kit is a 1/72nd PM Yak-15 from the spares box with the floats from a 1/75th Hasegawa Mitsubishi F1M2 'Pete'. Canopy also from the spares box.

KawanishiE17K1Takumi_2.jpg

KawanishiE17K1Takumi_1.jpg

Cannot take credit for the idea - saw a 1/48th version somewhere on the 'net and to the maker of which I give my veneration.

• Like 1