Blade Runner Police Car, Fujimi 1/24

Continuing on our Blade Runner theme, Nomore Shelfspace now proudly presents the Police Car, also kitted by the honourable Fujimi Company. I got this one from Hobby Link Japan - and had to pay import VAT, so beware... In the box, the kit is moulded in white with one matt and one gloss chrome sprue, and coloured clear for the beacons. The chrome is nonsensical as the prop cars have no chrome... I detailed this one up a lot, using photos of a prop car found on the internerd. Most of the detail is in the interior (hard to see even with all that glass) and in the engine bay. Here, I used scrap and Wave V-spring and V-pipe, alongside the kit parts, to build up something more like the "real" one. It looks a bit of a dog's dinner because these cars are supposedly decommissioned Spinners - an earlier type of flying car that has had its flight engine and lift surfaces taken out and replaced with an unspecified type of power plant (in fact the prop cars were on VW chassis - you can see the outline of a VW if you look underneath this model!). Probably a lucrative used trade in the BR universe...

I also detailed up the rear of the indicator/brake light panels with connectors from brass wire. In places I backed up the transparencies with Hasegawa mirror foil. After painting, the car was heavily weathered with thinned acrylic black and ground-up pastels - considering the rain and grime of the Blade Runner metropolis, this seems the right thing!

The roof symbol and number are exactly what you see on a modern police car, although I'm not sure what "POLICE LICENSED" means... also note the "VEHICLE IS MONITORED" - futuristic in 1981, but today police cars are riddled with cameras etc... all great, atmospheric detail.

These kits do not have "Blade Runner" anywhere in the packaging - this one is just called "Police Car no. 27" and the Spinner is called "Spinner"... but BR is so iconic - especially in Japan - it needs no title - also they avoided paying licensing fees!

The only other kit in this scale is Deckard's car - it's the same kit, but without the decals and light bar. It also contains a 1/3 replica blaster, which is cool.

You don't know about my 1/1 blaster replica yet.. oh, just told you. PoliceCar2700smlr.jpg

PoliceCar2702smlr.jpg

PoliceCar2703smlr.jpg

• Like 10

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice to see one of these built, lovely job

• 3 months later...