My What-if speculations Part 2

Bungled

Following on from the positive response of my initial 'What-if speculations' I'd like to present another little item for your consideration. Unlike the last thread this has not had major surgery - it's an 'out-of-the-box' build with the addition of different underwing toys.

What-if #2

Grumman Cougar F.1a

As a stop gap to replace the Supermarine Swift and the delayed Hawker Hunter, the RAF turned to the US to supply interceptor aircraft. No.56 Squadron 'The Firebirds' were the first to receive the new Cougar F.1a

Cougar_3.jpg

Cougar_4.jpg

Kit is the Hasegawa Grumman Cougar in 1/72nd

• Like 6

That looks great, I liked your post previous to this one too.

The cougar doesn't look out of place in that context. I love the finish on the NM areas, especially the streaked look. Are those engraved panel lines?

Great work.

I love the finish on the NM areas, especially the streaked look.

Purely unintentional I'm afraid. Really hate doing bare metal as I'm a brush painter. Should stick to easier paint schemes like as per the Grumman Panthère below ^_^

P5146186.jpg

panther.jpg

Kit is the Revell ex-matchbox Panther (I like suez stripes by the way !)

Edited by Bungled
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...

thinking about US aircraft in UK markings, I'm thinking about building an A10 in RAF Germany markings (wrap round DG/DSG).

My idea is that the US government is keen to have NATO members providing more anti armour aircraft during the cold war. Maybe they could have supplied around 50-60 A10 each to the RAF and Luftwaffe, one or two wings worth each, to be flown in those nations colours and manned by the two nations, but owned and partly maintained by US. Politically it would take the emphasis away from US and onto NATO. Time scale would be around 1982 to end of cold war, when all returned to USA and either stored, scrapped or allocated to USAF/ANG.

Any thoughts?

I have many thoughts, most of the clean ones are 'What if....' and quite a few of them are putting non British aircraft into British guise.

Checking back through the mirad of completed kits, yes I did a Navalised FAA A-10....

nawa10thunderboltiihobb.jpg

Would be nice to see an RAF version as well !

Andy

• Like 2