Plastic Soldier Company Firefly and M4A4

Latest project.

These are two of the Plastic Soldier Company's M4A4s which come in a three kit boxing. Parts are provided to build the M4A4 (Sherman V) or Firefly. As you'd expect there is a degree of simplification as these are intended primarily for the wargamer and some details are simplified. However, to me they look like what they're intended to and that's good enough.

I've started with a few minor upgrades such as replacing lifting rings with wire and drilling out gun barrels and I've also started adding some stowage. There are some gaps and sink marks that need to be filled but nothing too challenging.

Here's a quick view of where I've got so far. More updates to follow.IMG_0901.2014-07-30_112322_zpsykhrhnv3.j

Thanks for looking!

Dave

• Like 1

Latest progress.

Decals in place, a mix of Mike Starmer's and Skytrex. Had some problems with silvering on the Skytrex decals even on a gloss base and with plenty of DecalFix. Tracks painted with Lifecolor and shortly to start painting the stowage.

IMG_4818_zpsbf4508af.jpg

IMG_4819_zps79a84eae.jpg

IMG_4820_zps868d2796.jpg

IMG_4821_zpsbade65c7.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers

• Like 2

Some pretty M4s :)

Can I just ask where the stowage was from please?

CP

Hello CP

Thanks for the comment!

The stowage is from Debris of War. Cast resin. Not bad quality but some of their stuff looks like the moulds have seen better days. Wheels are from the spares box and I think they came from the Italeri M4A1. The lumps and bumps under the tarpaulin are just that and the tarp is tissue paper kept in place with some thinned down PVA.

I've just bought some Value Gear Stowage and it's in a different league and will be making an appearance in the next models.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

• Like 1

Those really are decent kits for QBs, the only obvious weak area is the drive sprocket.....They put the Armourfast QBs to shame and apart from that one area, they look better than Italeri's to my eye too.

I suspect part of that is down to the great work you are doing with them! :coolio:

• Like 2

Those really are decent kits for QBs, the only obvious weak area is the drive sprocket.....They put the Armourfast QBs to shame and apart from that one area, they look better than Italeri's to my eye too.

I suspect part of that is down to the great work you are doing with them! :coolio:

I'm going to have a go at some Armourfast as well as some more of PSC's. I like the quick build as I enjoy finishing and it's a nice change from 1/35......and they don't take up much space!

Cheers!

If you are prepared to pay a bit more per vehicle try Zvezda's 1/72 QB kits.....They're on another planet! :coolio:

http://henk.fox3000.com/zvezda.htm

I've got three each of their Panthers and IS-2s......You can get a platoon deal of three kits for £22+p&p from PSC:

http://theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/

• Like 1

I like what I see !

If I can offer one small addition, it would be to dry brush the tracks, picking out the chevrons with Vallejo oily steel. It gives a restrained effect of track wear. Just build up the layers carefully to get the reqd. effect.

Otherwise, most impressive. What's next to look forward to ?

Thanks for posting.

I like what I see !

If I can offer one small addition, it would be to dry brush the tracks, picking out the chevrons with Vallejo oily steel. It gives a restrained effect of track wear. Just build up the layers carefully to get the reqd. effect.

Otherwise, most impressive. What's next to look forward to ?

Thanks for posting.

Hi steveinns

Since taking the photos I've highlighted the treads with Lifecolor's reflective agent. Not completely convinced but I'll leave it as is for the moment until she's in the diorama. Thanks for the tip!

Cheers