Photo-Etch Mesh (various)

Mike

Photo-Etch Mesh (Various sizes & shapes)
Eduard

boxtop.jpg

Adding real mesh to areas of a model where mesh should be is a great improvement to its realism, although it can be tricky to find mesh of a suitably "scale" look, unless you look over on car modeller's shops. Eduard have stepped in with a selection of (initially) two sizes of mesh in both square and rhombus (diamond) shaped patterns. I understand that these are either etched in, or coated in a steel coloured metal, so you'll have no problem getting that bare mesh look if that's what you're after. The sets are sized as 4x4 or 6x6, which is about all the help you get, so it's best to have a squint at the pictures below to get a feel for the correct size.

sprue1.jpg

4 x 4 Square (00034) bin-small.jpg
6 x 6 Square (00033) bin-small.jpg
4 x 4 Rhomb (00035) bin-small.jpg
6 x 6 Rhomb (00025) bin-small.jpg

Conclusion
Very handy... if you want some mesh for a scratch-build or alteration to one of your kits.

Highly recommended.

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif

• Like 1

I should imagine it'll be handy for car modellers too, and on occasion for the aircraft modellers for radiator mesh and so forth :)

Sorry about the photo quality, but it was about as good as I could get them, and that weird pattern on some of the sheets is just a side-effect of the etching process.:photo:

• Like 1

That looks to be just right for grills and exhaust outlets etc. on gantries and platforms such as those on Apollo and Shuttle towers. Also could be good for the MLP/Crawler units. They might also be useful in a similar way for fan trunking outlets on 1:350 scale and larger ship models.

Thanks for giving us the heads-up on this Mike :speak_cool:

• Like 1

It does look very usefull indeed. Very fine stuff has been hard to get.

I think I'll need to see it myself though as, with the greatest respect Mike, it's very hard to get a feel for what it looks like. Trouble is short of sending interested parties a sample I can't think how to show it better....

I am certain that I'll be buying it anyway of course!

I understand entirely :) The problem with most bricks and mortar model shops in my experience though, is that not a lot of them carry much in the way of after market, which was why I added the ruler and the blown up circular section to try and help ;)