MSM-04 Acguy (1982 Edition)

Hello chaps!

I am (sort of) pleased to present you with my 1/100 scale MSM-04 Acguy from the Gundam Universal Century Universe. The kit is from 1982 and was, frankly, a nightmare and well beyond my skill level to make half decent.

It was also a series of firsts for me. First model since returning to the hobby, first airbrushed model, first painted gunpla and first attempt at weathering using washes, filters and Mig Pigments.

Kit: MSM-04 Acguy (series 2, 1982)

Manufacturer: Bandai

Scale: 1/100

Paints used: Citadel and Vellejo Model Air

Other: Mig pigments and Windsor and Newton Oils

AB: Neo for Iwata

Anyway, enjoy!

IMG_20140725_121016268_HDR_zpsf543ba8b.j

acguy2_zpsd2be46f7.png

Sorry about the quality, I only have my phone and its camera is poor to say the least. Anyone have any suggestions of cheap digital cameras that I might be able to pick up on eBay or somewhere similar?

Comments, criticism and cat-calls welcome.

Cheers,

Paul

EDIT: Poor grammar and lay-out.

Edited by Blastvader
  • Like 3

Excellent work on a tough kit. Next, the Master Grade one?

Did you have any issues when using oils on this kit? Many have reported that Bandai plastic can react badly when overly stressed parts come into contact with oil based washes.

Anthony.

Hi Anthony. Cheers for the kind words. Next on the board Is a 1/72 P-51D for the group build. After that I'll be moving on to an SD Zaku III Custom. That kit's a bit old and crap too though. So we'll see how that goes.

As for washes and Bandai kits; I certainly never noticed anything. But there's about four coats of paint and two of Klear between any one part of the model and the washes.

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by Blastvader

nice job, looks great

Cheers Batcode

Paul,

That's way more than half decent.

Nice weathering too.

Welcome back to the dark side.

Pete

Thanks Pete. It feels pretty good to be back at it again. I know there are many things I could have done better. But every day's a school day and I can't be too unhappy with the result.

Thanks,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...