Mustang over North Africa.

stevej60

Hi folks,sat on the sidelines until my other two projects are near completion as they now are, so as a Mustang lover time to take

part.I was going down the excellent Airfix new tool kit as I have a couple under my belt already but noticed a lack of early mk,s

in the group and I always loved this scheme.also here,s my previous Airfix builds.mustang_zps5b1288b6.jpgSDC10099_zps8491389c.jpgSDC10639_zps63ff6665.jpg

• Like 1

Good morning Steve

Very nice work with this pair of Airfix Mustang ...

Personnaly for an early Mark I would go for an Academy but I am sure you are going to do a great job with the Italeri one ..

Patrice

• Like 1

I did not see this before, did you start at this one Steve? I actualy bought exactly this kit few weeks ago, wanted to build the awesome black-white dazzling camo mustang http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aircraft-pictures/p-51-mustang-unusual-camo-40010-2.html. But the kit.. well, i certainly do not have the balls to give it a go.. :( So i hope you ll be able to build it just nice as your other builds, you seems to have gift to change anything into some good finish :)

I did not see this before, did you start at this one Steve? I actualy bought exactly this kit few weeks ago, wanted to build the awesome black-white dazzling camo mustang http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aircraft-pictures/p-51-mustang-unusual-camo-40010-2.html. But the kit.. well, i certainly do not have the balls to give it a go.. :( So i hope you ll be able to build it just nice as your other builds, you seems to have gift to change anything into some good finish :)

Not started it yet Wolwe,just got back from holiday today but will start it after my Dakota which is not far off complete,while away picked up Airfix,s boxing

of vista,s Fulmar and Revell,s new tool Corsair so they are next on the list!

• Like 1

Hi folks,got started today on this build,there is no sidewall detail at all on this kit and that,s how I,m leaving it,also the same cockpit is included in

this kit as their "d" model so at the rear of the seat you are advised to cut it in two and use the front section then a horrible shelf with a box moulded

on is inserted at the rear.So as inaccurate as I am sure it is I have fitted the better looking option as not much will be seen once the cockpit is added.also I had to cut the headrest off the plate behind the seat.SDC12074_zps07c55078.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

Thought I had seen that cockpit bit before... I hope this one fits better than their D, the Italeri D was one of the worst fitting kit I've built...

It seems OK Giorgio,sadly I bought the D at the same time so I have that pleasure to come!

Hi folks hols over the other half has returned to work today so mornings to myself again!Anyway on with the mustang,I have to say I found the

fit of parts superb on this kit a joy seams cleaned up without issue even the gun inserts which include part of the wing leading edge fitted a treat.

Just popped the canopy on for a dry run and again nice snug fit.hope to get her primed tomorrow so thanks for looking.SDC12085_zpsc56f460d.jpg

• Like 2