Argyll & Sutherland Highlander 120mm Roll Call

Finally finished this today after re-doing the eyes twice in the last few days, at least they now both look in the same direction.This is a resin and white metal 120mm figure from the sadly defunct The Roll Call.

It represents a private from the 93rd Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders at the time of the Battle of Balaclava in the Crimean War 1854.

It also makes No.22 in my 19 Century British uniform collection.

Andrew

ArgSuth05_zps89a08172.jpg

ArgSuth02_zpsd5486065.jpg

ArgSuth01_zpsf30bb475.jpg

ArgSuth06_zps070fae19.jpg

ArgSuth03_zps413562b6.jpg

ArgSuth04_zps223c7bc3.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments everyone and help with the spelling! Thankfully I spelt Argyll correctly when I ordered the plaque for the base!

All the main colours on the tartan were masked before painting including the main black dividing lines. The fine black lines were then hand drawn with a biro.

The figure itself is undercoated with enamels and finished off with oils and a coat of matt varnish.

Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Andrew

As someone who lives in Argyll (near Oban) can I thank you for doing such a fantastic job of a piece of our local history.

I have to agree with the previous comments on the tartan, and I'm sure if you listen carefully you can hear the rallying cry of the pipes in the background !

Cheers Pat

• Like 1