Darth "Bannana"

As a slight distraction from normal modelling I picked up on of RetrokiTs latest Minion kits whilst at Smallspace3.

In a bit of a mash up between Despicable Me and Star Wars the first of a small series is Darth "Bannana".

A 3 piece resin kit that stands about 2 inch tall, the only parts you need to supply are the light sabre blades and Domi helpfully suggests using stretched sprue.

IMG_0355_zps1ea99bb3.jpg

IMG_0356_zps479422ec.jpg

I had a bit of plastic rod that I used for the light sabre and gave it a base of silver then a couple of coats of clear red.

Normal minions are yellow but I am reliably informed by my daughters that the evil ones are purple!

RetrokiTs are developing a nice range of movie Minions and soon to come are Arnie, Freddy, Scream and Jason as well as R2 and a Dalek!!

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 7

Thanks guys.

Yes Matt, I designed and produced the lighting module for it. As with all of Domi's kits it's excellent. I also picked up his Martian tripod which for the amount of resin and white metal is a very affordable kit.

Have fun with bee-do!

Cheers,

Warren

Great build, i'm going to have look out for the siren minion...

Have a look here....

http://www.retrokitonline.net/products.php?285&cPath=12

I had a chat with domi on facebook, and he hopes the new minions will be ready about october.

Edited by S5 modeller

Keep watching....... I might be working on a couple of new ones too........;)

Love the Darth Banana, great finish