Swedish Lancaster - with a jet engine! - Revell 1/72

Cracking build of an unusual subject.

Don't know what I was drinking last night, (turps?) but I am sure I have just seen a picture of a five engined Lanc..............................!

Selwyn

Thanks, all! This aircraft is so well-known among Swedish model builders, that I almost forgot that it actually is very odd. :)

There are a great number of British Aircraft in Swedish colours in the 40s and 50s. Some were rater similar to those in British service, for instance the Spitfire XIX and Mosquito NF.30, others were quite different. Like all-yellow Fireflys, Miles Martinets and Meteors, or this - a Percival Pembroke with a Saab Lansen nose!

275-27-TP83010.jpg

There is a conversion set for this one, but it is too ugly for me... :) However I am currently building a "normal" Swedish Pembroke. If anyone wants to see all-yellow Fireflys and Martinets, see my blog. http://bjornsmodeller.blogspot.se ,

(Edit. Tried to link to the articles, but it didn't work. So here is a picture of these two Canary birds.

DSC_0589.jpg

Edited by Bjorn

Don't forget about the Vickers Varsity in Swedish colours

True! Called "Piggsvinet" (the Porcupine, guess why... :)) in Swedish service, and used to listen to the Russians...

4753.jpg

I have seen it myself, today it is parked outside the Swedish Aviation Museum in Linköping. Behind it you can see another great Brit, Tp 52 Canberra.

Edited by Bjorn
  • Like 1

my knowledge of the Lanc and post war experiments is limited, so when I found this build I was very interested. You have produced a very interesting and unusual subject which has been a good learn for me, and also a pleasure to study - thanks for including the historical information which helped my imagination bring this kit to life.

Really interesting and a fine build. Funny that Sweden purchased a plane for this purpose, I would have thought they would have had quite a few interned from the war.