Badger 155 question

Pat C

Just wondering if there are any fellow Badger Anthem 155 users who have replaced the large o-ring or gasket between where the head screws onto the body? This part doesn't appear in any of the exploded parts diagrams issued by Badger. Mine looks to be perishing and was wondering what others used to replace it if they've had the same problem.

Pat

Hi Paul - I'm not sure it is the needle bearing - the part I mean is a black o-ring that forms the seal where the head screws onto the body of the brush and is visible from the outside. I presume that the needle bearing is located within the body of the airbrush? In the pic below, it is the thin black line just to the left of where the colour cup attaches to the brush.

http://www.badgerairbrush.com/Anthem_155.asp

PAt

• 2 weeks later...

Paul - there's no part number - it doesn't appear in the exploded parts diagram. In the photo of the anthem, if you look to the left of where the colour cup attaches you can see a thin black vertical line which is the o-ring.

Pat

Paul - indeed it doesn't show in the pic on the cover of the manual but if you have a look at the pic in the link below, you can see it between the head and the body.Failing that I'll post a pic of my own brush.

http://resources.hobbystores.co.uk/product_images/large/B/BA1551.jpg

Anthony - that was my fear. It doesn't seem to want to come off the body and I don't want to try too hard because its perished and might fall apart totally.

Pat

Funny I should read this, I had the exact same problem on my Badger Renegade Spirit the other week.

The AB started playing up and after a couple of good clean outs I decided to order a new spray head and tip. When the new parts arrived I noticed that the new head didn't have this O ring as on the old and original head. I phoned Barwell Bodyworks (official Badger parts stockist) to clarify what this O ring was(as it isn't on the parts list) and why it wasn't on the new head. The person I spoke to says that they use the Spirit in their studio workshops and none of their Spirits have this O ring, but I wasn't the first person to get in contact regarding it. It seems some AB's have it and others don't with no apparent reason why. I took the O ring off and have been using the AB since with no side effects. Although I think I'll contact Badger directly now after reading this.