We can scratch my Hurricane now as well.

I ordered a set of 1/48 Vital Storm decals to do the Operation HURRY delivery P3731 using the new Airfix Mk.I Trop. The decals appear to be sold out everywhere in this country but there was a Canadian shop selling them at a reasonable price with postage. Unfortunately they've arrived and are 1/72 scale.

If anyone wants the 1/72 set for Mk.I Hurricanes it's yours for a tenner!

As it is, getting the Gladiator done should take until Christmas. Not a major problem.

Hi All,

I just noticed this group build as I'm new to the forums and was wondering if I can still join. I started Airfix's 1/48 Spitfire Vb from the Dogfight Doubles kit in late September and should (hopefully) have it wrapped up in the next week or so. I've been taking progress photos from the start of the build of each step.

• Like 1

As a matter of fact, this GB needs more Spitfires! If you've started your build within the time frame, who could blame you for not posting the build thread right at the start? Not me, that's sure :-) Have fun, and keep us now posted! Regards, V-P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

As a matter of fact, this GB needs more Spitfires! If you've started your build within the time frame, who could blame you for not posting the build thread right at the start? Not me, that's sure :-) Have fun, and keep us now posted! Regards, V-P

Great! Thanks V-P !

Hi guys 

A quick update on the 109G-2, and not a good one. Sorry to say that I've had issues with the gloss coat when I applied it (it's caused the RLM 78 Hellblau to bubble and ripple) and I have neither the knowledge nor time to figure out why and how to remedy it before the build ends. So, very, very annoyed about it all, I have to say I'm out of the running. Sorry to anyone who had been watching! It's been fun to be part of though, definitely going to get involved in future group builds. In the meantime, if anyone knows how to fix paint that looks like it's replicating waves, I'm all ears! 

Thanks. 

Upholder still in dock awaiting etch pieces, looking like the more likely of my two remaining builds to get to the finish. Tonight will be make-or-break on the Gladiator. I'll let you know how I get on with it...

• Like 1

Finished one for the GB, I'm very sorry that my other builds could not be completed in time but at least one is done.

I'm also sorry not to have been able to follow all the other great builds on this GB, have to say that it's been one of those I've enjoied the most, if not THE one.

• Like 2

So how did it go, then? By numbers,

- 146 build threads started!!!

- 92 "finished" posts in the Gallery thread

- actual number if finished models over 100, because there are some multiple model entries in one gallery post (PhantomBigStu, Stew Dapple, PlaStix and Ozzy first come to my mind)

- anybody mind calculating the final score of Tony O'Toole!?!?!? All the best for you Tony, get well soon 👍 You really made this a "Master Tony O'Toole (MTO) GB" and on behalf of all the participants for whom you were always there to guide and support, A BIG THANK YOU!

- it also seems that despite the valiant fight by the Macchi loyalists, the allied gang took this battle 90-10...

- thumbs up for all you Kittyhawk guys 👍 👍 👍 this really was, as it should have been, your finest hour! Though Spitfires appear to be the most popular subjects, again... (who, me, what did I build? Eh... A Spitfire 😉)

- we got guns, limbers and trucks, tanks and ships, figures and dioramas; just like a good inclusive GB should have and I'm very very happy with it 😊

Jon (thepureness) will get back to us with when our generous sponsor Jadlan models has picked the builds that shall be awarded (see separate thread re prizes).

Thanks to all you builders and commenters, participants in making this GB what Giorgio says above. I wholeheartedly agree!

Best regards, V-P

• Like 14

As unofficial El Presidente of the Macchi owner club  :captain:    I'd like to say thank you to all those who brought them along and all the other Italian aircraft in the build. It was a great chance to show case some of the lesser know aircraft from the other side!

But what an awesome GB!!!!! Everyone can give themselves a huge pat on the back for some wonderful builds. :clap2:The sheer number of builds must be getting close to a Britmodeller record!!

Huge thanks to the host and co-host from making this such an enjoyable GB!!!  :worthy: I hope we get to do this again sometime.

I didn't quite get there with the SM.79, just a wee bit too much to do before the cutoff (should have built the resin one!!) and I didn't want to rush it. Next time.......may be a seaplane in 1/48th!!

• Like 5

But, OT, this is not that REM song and it's not the end of the world as we know it 😊. You can continue building Old Patches (or was it the 2nd Patches...?) and update your build thread as usual, regardless of the GB Gallery closing. Regards, V-P

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

But, OT, this is not that REM song and it's not the end of the world as we know it 😊. You can continue building Old Patches (or was it the 2nd Patches...?) and update your build thread as usual, regardless of the GB Gallery closing. Regards, V-P

I am still carrying on with the build and will post updates plus a ready for inspection topic, it is just annoying that so many annoying things got in my way and stopped me from building more models.

• Like 2

Thanks to the hosts and everyone who took part in this GB, it's been excellent and incredibly enjoyable!

I would like to mirror V-P's comments above, especially about Tony's monumental amount of builds and help! Get well soon!

also can I say a massive well done to Simon (beard) who has managed to complete tonnes of quality buuilds for this GB! Not bad considering he would never WIP his work as it 'wasn't good enough' until a few months ago! Great subjects, quality work and massive volume! What's not to like!

Rob

• Like 2

I'm afraid Christmas sort of got in the way of Upholder. She'll be finished before New Year. Still in a bit of a funk about the Gladiator but very pleased with the two I completed and very proud to be sharing the gallery with such fine builds from everyone else. Well done, all. And the best of the season to you.

• Like 2

A fantastic GB and when I had moments to pop online it was fantastic to see such quality, a few stand out builds in there i'm sure you can all agree.

Russ at Jadlam is a little busy at the moment with the come down after Christmas, so I can't promise too much in regards to the final standings for the winners and prizes immediately, but we did agree once the new year is over there will be some time. 

Once the winners have been chosen, then the prizes will be sent out. 

• Like 5

This has been one of the best I have had the pleasure of taking part in.

The variety of subjects being built and the quality of the builds has been outstanding. I have learnt  a lot and had my own passion for this theatre reinvigorated.

I am disappointed with myself for not finishing my CR-42, and for not having the chance to get started on my Hellcat, but I am pleased with the 2 I did finish. I look forward to another Med GB in a few years time.

Very well done and a big thank you to the mods for running this GB, and well done to all of you who took part and made this GB the success it has been.

Craig. 

• Like 2

Can only echo what the above posters have said - thoroughly enjoyable GB, and a wealth of good builds across all subject matters and scales. Pat on the back to the hosts, mods and Jadlam models, plus all those who contributed, viewed and commented. My only regret is that I didn't comment enough on other threads. Looking forward to MTO GB II. Keep up the good work folks.

• Like 2