pave tack lens cover.

S5 modeller

Hi chaps.

Any idea how I can replicate this finish in a tinted yellow for a pave tack lens cover?

PaveTack.jpg

I want the flat yellow gloss look for my resin version.

CAM00303.jpg

Could I fill it with revell contacta clear tinted yellow?

Any other thoughts?

Matt.

Edited by S5 modeller

The problem with resin PAVE TACKs is, ironically, the lack of depth -there isn't much leeway to do anything where the lens is. I would suggest a piece of holographic confetti cut to shape with the back (non-shiny side) painted in Alclad II Pale Burnt Metal or similar, but even that may be a bit thick. I have the same photo, and the lens appears flush or possibly even slightly recessed. Then you have the 'Mickey Mouse Ears' to represent... :hmmm:

Further investigation will continue!

Is that the Flightpath set, BTW?

Edited by AngstROM

In the stores take a close look at adhesive backed product labels - I'm sure you will find something that will allow you to trim a portion of an appropriate color to make your lens cover. It's anyone's guess as to what sort of product you might have to buy to secure the label, but that will be part of the fun of your search.

The problem with resin PAVE TACKs is, ironically, the lack of depth -there isn't much leeway to do anything where the lens is. I would suggest a piece of holographic confetti cut to shape with the back (non-shiny side) painted in Alclad II Pale Burnt Metal or similar, but even that may be a bit thick. I have the same photo, and the lens appears flush or possibly even slightly recessed. Then you have the 'Mickey Mouse Ears' to represent... :hmmm:

Further investigation will continue!

Is that the Flightpath set, BTW?

Cheers for that. It is from the verlinden set for an f-111 aardvark.

CAM00304.jpg

Matt.

Edited by S5 modeller