• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

kit decals,

also designed by FCM!

+will be an interesting comparison:

these are cartograf printed, FCM ones by microscale if I read correctly!

hi-PI000000215385.jpg

and Caracal is doeing a sheet as well!

so you will need definitely more than 2 kits... ;)

Edited by exdraken

Just a matter of 2 or 3 weeks?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel

Kineticmodel

March 30th, 11:25 ·

And just to show that we still have NEWS to post, not just build progress on our model kits, we received the FINAL test shot of the 1:48 AMX kit. Things are looking great, and if the schedule holds, we expect to have this in production some time next week!

Stay tuned for release details!

V.P.

• Like 1

Excellent news, when I looked 3 hours ago it was not in stock, just checked, so my order now says that it is being packed, that will have the AMX and the AMK Magister, so I will be really happy when they arrive soonish.....10 days or so!!!!!

Cannot wait to see and hopefully build the AMX, and have a look and compare the Magister to the Kinetic ones I have, lots of lovely colour schemes for those Magisters.

If the AMX is good and reasonably good and accurate I am sure I will be getting some more as well as the two seater when that gets released.

Will post some images up if no ones else beats me to it as soon as the AMX arrives.

Ali

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

mine arrived today! :) :)

looks really nice!, even some PE!

I think that one can be build without any aftermarket... !

full flaps and slats, full length intakes, :) :)

but quite some superfluous parts in there...

2?? identical recce pods. 2 exhausts, 2 engine faces, 4 main wheels, 2*2 instrument shrouds, 2 nosewheel bays. a full F-16 armament set for only Aim-9s and GBU-12s is a bit exaggerated , but well.. spares (AiM-120B and Cs, LAU-128, GBU-38, Cluster bombs, Aim-9X..... )

maybe some better parts management would help cutting costs a little bit!!

Will post some images up if no ones else beats me to it as soon as the AMX arrives.

Ali

do you want a photo?

Edited by exdraken

mine arrived today! :) :)

looks really nice!, even some PE!

I think that one can be build without any aftermarket... !

full flaps and slats, full length intakes, :) :)

but quite some superfluous parts in there...

2?? identical recce pods. 2 exhausts, 2 engine faces, 4 main wheels, 2*2 instrument shrouds, 2 nosewheel bays. a full F-16 armament set for only Aim-9s and GBU-12s is a bit exaggerated , but well.. spares (AiM-120B and Cs, LAU-128, GBU-38, Cluster bombs, Aim-9X..... )

maybe some better parts management would help cutting costs a little bit!!

do you want a photo?

Yes, please!!!

• Like 1

Yes, please!!!

ok.... ;)

that is what you get!

IMG_7483_1_1_zpsxtl8eep1.jpg

a very nice decal sheet designed by FCM decals (who are releasing a even mor ambitious sheet soon!), printed by Cartograf! what more do you want ????

IMG_7482_1_13_zpspoolj5o0.jpg

here you see all the sprues, quite a lot for such a small plane!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

some mold detail:

cockpit:

IMG_7491_1_1_zps5obegzs4.jpg

instrument panel (on the right the Italian version, left I suppose the newly upgraded A-1M???? )

IMG_7494_1_1_zpsr8jg3uoc.jpg

the now famous fuselage with slightly exaggerated rivet detail (I think it can be sanded down easily!)

IMG_7493_1_1_zpsdfk4woyf.jpg

front fuselage with different noses for Brazilian (2 30mm cannons) on the left and Italian (6 barrel 20mm Vulcan cannon) on the right

IMG_7489_1_1_zpswb71ngyr.jpg

wing with deploy-able slats and flaps :

IMG_7485_1_1_zpsmzvihpvi.jpg

small detail like full length intakes:

:IMG_7484_1_1_zps08mtnkea.jpg,

wheel,s intakes, instrument shrouds, tanks,engine faces, exhausts Recce pod, ,,, all available double without any need for this plane...... and nicely ;) filling the box to the top... and the slightly exaggerated and therefor unrealistic weapons sprues (below) taken directly for Kinetic F-16s:

IMG_7486_1_1_zpscdtdykcx.jpg

as far as i know, only the AIM-9L/Ms and the GBU-12 laser guided bombs can be accurately used...

but all in all, I am looking forward to building this one here on BW, (maybe this posts should be in the review section???)

Kinetic seems to have take big steps towards quality lately!

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 3

Thanks exdraken for the pictures, still waiting patiently for mine, can the 101 Dalmation decal be used on the kit, as I have only seen pictures of this on the 2 seater.

Great looking kit, but really easy to find good pictures and details on line for this aircraft

Thanks Ali