Boeing 747-200 Thai International

Boeing 747-200 Thai International

Revel 1:144

Thai5_zps95c9786c.jpg

Been building this on & off for a couple of years now, and finally declared it finished today. It is the Revell E-4B boxing, with decals taken from the 747-200 Thai boxing, supplied by my good mate Mr Stringbag who will be doing the BA version at some point, so kindly let me have the Thai set.

I had a problem in that I left the windows open to glaze them with Microscale krystal kleer later as all the windows were cut out on the cheatline decal. The problem was the holes didn't line up very well so progress was slow as I had to section the decal into inch long peices. It could still do with some silver window surrounds, but I haven't been able to locate a set for a 747. One day I will!

Here we go;

Thai1_zps114f2faa.jpg

Thai2_zpsad6c681b.jpg

Thai7_zps7055e57e.jpg

Thai3_zpsf0667dd2.jpg

Thai4_zps5a50c524.jpg

Thai6_zps996a766f.jpg

And the obligatoty 'with something else' picture. This time the smallest Boeing in service, the 737-500.

Thai8_zps801a28fc.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 12

Looks like a great build. Superb.

Love the scheme - one of my favourite schemes from years gone by.

Lovely build (as usual) and special thanks for posting "with something else" - wouldn't be wanting to lodge a complaint again. ;)

Lovely work as usual John! :thumbsup:

I have one of these in the pile as well, but filled the windows. I am not sure of what scheme to finish mine in. I have a number of candidate sheets but they are all for JT-9 powered jets. Looks like it will be a Flight of Fancy of sorts when I decided on a scheme.

I don't know if they will be usefully but I have a couple of AHS sheets for a B767-2 and -3. They are just called 'Windows

I have no need for the silver surrounds, perhaps you can use them?

Example of the 767-200 sheet.

B767-200Windows_zpsd4ada090.jpg

You can have both sets of silver parts if you can use them, I have a cunning plan for the remaining part of the sheets.

Beautiful job achieved here. That cockpit glass is very smoothly transitioned in - and that is normally not a well fitting part.

But - a 747s worth of cheatline, inch by inch, and still looking that straight and even - there should be some sort of award. There really should.

Nice going.

Cheers,

Mike

My all time favourite livery as you know John and looking really good on the 747.

You have made such a nice job of this one that I wish now that I'd kept my mouth shut about the decals.

:tease:

Chris.

oh yes - I logged in today hoping to see another civil on the forum and wow - what a great surprise, and a wide body too - I love it - top marks Mr Viking; thank you for sharing your work with us - I just love the 747 in any livery.

Thank you all for the comments, much appreciated.

For what I though would be a simple and straightforward build, it actually took a lot of time and effort. A fair bit of work went in to the engines, I lined the insides to give a neater appearance, and there seemed to be no end of filling and sanding. In the end I just worked on it a little bit here, a month later a little bit there etc. Thus taking about 2 years to get it this far!

I don't know if they will be usefully but I have a couple of AHS sheets for a B767-2 and -3. They are just called 'Windows

I have no need for the silver surrounds, perhaps you can use them?

That is a very kind and generous offer Trojan, and much appreciated, but I already got one of these sheets from Hannants last year thinking it would do the job. Unfortunately they are too big and leave the cheatline 'inside' the silver surround, but thanks for offering :winkgrin:

Cheers

John