1/32nd Hurricane Mk.IIb, Revell kit with Grey Matter conv- Finished!

lovely work Tony

I have to hand paint a keg on the nose of my Boston, hope it comes out as well as your hand painted nose art. The model looks great, but its a Hurricane, so whats not to like?

Bruce

Cheers Bruce,

If the keg that you are painting is in 1/72nd scale and is for the well known `Beer is Best' I might be able to help with a decal if you like?

Cheers

Tony

Just found this thread. Lovely work, great free hand art work. (Don't be so hard on yourself!). Everything made better in that it is brush painted. Despite what others are whispering in my ear about the "benefits" of air brushing, I'm not totally convinced it is better. Just a great looking model!!

Hiya Folks,

Cheers for your remarks,........the model is now finished!!.

-19- no I don`t usually dilute paints and I use a mixture of Acrylics and enamels,....whichever colour is best for the job.

Here is the completed model, depicting Hurricane Mk.IIb, BD776, WG-M of 128 Sqn, based in West Africa and flown by Sqn. Ldr. Billy Drake;

h40_zpsaa559d60.jpg

I`ll put up a threat in ready for inspection later,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

For anybody who is interested the photos of the completed model are here;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965570-revell-132nd-hurricane-mkiib-conv-with-grey-matter-fig-128-sqn-wafrica-billy-drake/

Edited by tonyot

Further update for anybody who might be interested!-

I`ve gone and applied the wrong serial to the model,.....BD776 is actually WG-F which was the standby aircraft in case I buggered up the nose art and WG-M was actually BD897,...........so I`ve started to alter the serial and it should be correct pretty soon! What a prat,...but that is what happens when you rush to put the decals on late at night before you go on your hol`s,....doh! I`ll stick an update on the RFI pages,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Cheers Bruce,

If the keg that you are painting is in 1/72nd scale and is for the well known `Beer is Best' I might be able to help with a decal if you like?

Cheers

Tony

Thanks for the kind offer Tony, it is indeed, but I am doing it (or attempting to do it) in 48 scale for my D day build, so no choice but to paint it as I do not have the software to design and print the decal myself

Thanks for the kind offer Tony, it is indeed, but I am doing it (or attempting to do it) in 48 scale for my D day build, so no choice but to paint it as I do not have the software to design and print the decal myself

No worries Bruce,

Good luck with the Boston mate,

Cheers

Tony

All brush painted.

Nose art directly painted on to the model.

Extensive structural conversion.

Full-scale tidy-up of an ancient kit.

And still he says things like "Although I`m more of a bodger compared to other more skillful modellers"

I could watch you make Hurricanes all day long. Lovely, as usual.

Thanks for your lovely comment, glad you like it!

Well,.......just after posting the model as finished I realised that I`d put the wrong serial on the model,...oh bugger! BD776 was actually WG-F and was the stand by aircraft in case I couldn`t get the nose art right! The correct serial for WG-M should be BD897, so I`ve changed it overnight;

h26a_zps6326c560.jpg

and this is the finished model now;

h27_zpsb8e4373d.jpg

So I got there in the end!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2