Airfix 1/24 Hawker Typhoon in STOCK

blikkey

Got home after ordering it direct from Airfix on Monday evening to find it had arrived already.

This is a real beauty with the detail better than anything I have seen on ZM or Tamiya. The surface detailing sets the new gold standard IMHO.

I for one am extremely happy that this appears to be a new golden age for Airfix the company that started it all.

I am interested, that's how I know there are already several threads on this subject.

It would make more sense to keep things in one place.

That's all.

Andrew

For general discussion I would agree but each WIP normally needs a thread of it's own and I suspect that this one may well turn into exactly that.

Apolgies to crobinsonh, I think I let my grumpiness get the better of me. :sorry:

Perhaps it's just my impatience to get my hands on the kit.

I read on another forum some talk of sink marks, warped sprues and a flaw in the canopy (also noted in the Flory Models in-box review). Have you noticed any of these on yours? Part of me is wondering if someone has mistaken the stressed-skin effect for sink marks... :shrug: .

Generally, Flory Models seemed pretty positive.

Cheers,

Andrew

No worries at all - you had a good point about having all the general comments in one thread. I have not seen any sink marks or warped sprues on mine. I have not checked the canopies yet - although I will do now :-)

• Like 1

Just had a phone call from Wonderland to say their stock is in and one with my name on is waiting...

I'll go and get it on Saturday. :Tasty:

Hatton's just emailed saying on or after 15th of August.... :crying:

Andrew

Me too - must say that this is more than a little disappointing, having preordered on 25 January! Also there is no guarantee either that it will be August - they are quoting 'our latest information from the supplier'.

I wonder if they have had any stock in at all and if not why they managed to miss out on the first shipment from Airfix?

Still interested that they are quoting me £80 when they said that they had accepted my payment for £70......

Peter

Me too - must say that this is more than a little disappointing, having preordered on 25 January! Also there is no guarantee either that it will be August - they are quoting 'our latest information from the supplier'.

I wonder if they have had any stock in at all and if not why they managed to miss out on the first shipment from Airfix?

Still interested that they are quoting me £80 when they said that they had accepted my payment for £70......

Peter

I'm in the same position myself...

Wez

I'm in the same boat as well !!

I pre-ordered mine on January 13 at GBP70.00 (less VAT for non Brits).

My 48th Spitfire Vb came in the other day and I asked Hattons if they could hold onto into until the Tiffy arrived - which they agreed to as they said it was expected within the next few days.

Let's see what ends up happening... the big Tiff was supposed to be my 44th Birthday present for June this year, it just may end up as a Fathers day gift this September (Aussie Dad's day)..

Cheers .. Dave.