Royal Navy Phantom - Ark Royal

Calling this one finished, done some little touch ups since the WIP. Kit is the Hasewaga boxing with kit decals, Eduard wheels and painted using Alclads for the metallics and Mr. Hobby/Tamiya for the main scheme with ProModeller wash.

I decided not to weather this bird any further, I like the finish I've got just by fading the panels a bit.

DSCF1776_zpsa310889d.jpg

DSCF1777_zps3e1a133f.jpg

My first attempt at seatbelts, really glad I tried a bit of detailing, it makes a big difference compared to my RAF Phantom!

DSCF1778_zps010d4adc.jpg

DSCF1779_zps2f5c487a.jpg

DSCF1780_zps14d3b975.jpg

DSCF1781_zpsb9cdb58d.jpg

And parked on the flightline!

DSCF1783_zps73b01ee3.jpg

Thanks to the guys who helped me out on the various threads I put up :)

• Like 17

Thank you for all the kind words chaps.

General J, I'm firmly in the three tone RAF early camo camp as my favourite Phantom scheme as well, which is why it got done first!

Plan now is to do the Alcock and Browne scheme, then a F3 and move onto the USAF/UN F-4s. Have an entire shelf of Phantoms!

That's a great looking Phantom you've built Breaker.

Yep. Agree with that. Looks so good in FAA colours. Gonna have to go off and google for vids of Phantoms landing on the Ark Royal now......

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1

Fantastic job! This ones going on the wishlist. Love the seatbelts too, how did you do them?

Tamiya tape and wire bent to resemble buckles. Took forever to do but worth it compared to the price of eduard PE I think.

• Like 1

Great built, it looks amazing!!

One question about the model, does it have the attachment points for the bridle when it was launched by catapult? I am not exactly sure how this was done but I thought it was a couple of "hooks" under the wings near the leading edge.

Cheers

Great built, it looks amazing!!

One question about the model, does it have the attachment points for the bridle when it was launched by catapult? I am not exactly sure how this was done but I thought it was a couple of "hooks" under the wings near the leading edge.

Cheers

Yeah, they go in those empty holes! I've got them somewhere with the kit just misplaced them and forgot until you mentioned it!