1/72 Napoleonic Austrians

Line infantry in the early 'get it slapped on' painting stage. Plastic figures from HaT.

LineIP1_zps6990a5e9.jpg

Painting complete on 1st Battalion, 2nd Battalion started. Once 2nd Battalion is painted, they'll both go for finishing.

DSCF1773_zps34a3e2fa.jpg

Edited by Cameronian
  • Like 3

They are HaT Industrie. Been around for a long time and not particularly good but at under £4 for 48 of them, no matter really. The drummer and standard bearer are 20mm metal figures from Newline Designs, only officers in the HaT set.

Economically that makes a lot of sense, I'm paying five times that for a box of 44 28mm ACW figures! :analintruder:

I have to admit to not being terribly fond of HaT/Armourfast stuff as a rule, but you've made those look pretty decent. B)

As I don't do display figures (all mine are for wargames armies which these days rarely see a table top) I take them to a stage where I'd be happy to field them against anyone. There's a lot of blarney these days about painting 'standards', horse feathers, each of us can only do what we can.

As far as plastic 28s are concerned, if I was starting out now, I'd likely go that route or 15mm, cost again is a factor. HaT's truly awful soft rubber is a pain, especially when they make artillery kits from it.

Superb site for this stuff is Plastic Soldier Review if you don't already know it http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/ they can be a bit slow on keeping up with the market but none the worse for it.

• 2 weeks later...