1:72 Blohm and Voss 141....you know it....it's weird....and now finished!

G'day Winenut

Are you actually called Bruce or is this a shocking attempt at stereo typing part of the Commonwealth ?

Cheers Pat

You crack me up Pat!

Of course it's a giant Australian/Commonwealth stereotype......I have to keep my actual identity well and truly protected for professional reasons :rambo:

• Like 4

G'day Bruce.....If Airfix don't help you out with a new part, I will. :coolio:

That's very generous Sarge....thanks.

In Airfix's hands at the moment...they said wait up to 28 days for spare parts so I'm going to get on with some preshading and anything else I can do in the interim.

Oh and great excuse to look at starting the next one of course. :coolio:

Still waiting for a spinner decal for my FW190.....starting to wonder if I'll ever finish anything!!

Thanks again.

Family, footy, netball, dinners, life have been keeping me from mucking around with the B&V.

One photo...

I broke the Gondola, glued it again, more mr Surfacer then marked the preshading I think I will do.

Totally cheated. I've pretty much done nothing but posted a photo!

10301277_314562535372211_730570398179212

• Like 3

You are doing a great job on what, let's fact it, is a terrible old kit by today's standards. I see that Special Hobby have a new 1/72nd release in the pipeline. Does anyone know when its coming out? It seems to have been talked about since 2012.

You wait ages for a new Bv-141 kit then two come along at once! HobbyBoss's new 1:48 version has just touched down at Wonderland so I'm off up there tomorrow...

• Like 1

Well with all the excitement I'll slip in another cheap shot of not really doing anything but here we go anyway! LOL

I've never pre-shaded a thing in my life.

And my escape clause is if this whole experiment turns out to be rubbish I'll spray so much RLM02 on it no-one will ever know!

Pretty crappy on the bottom...

10527555_314844288677369_338794063510395

Maybe a bit better on the top???

10460716_314844265344038_916050042906227

Anyway it is what it is!

Cheers

Bruce

Righto!.

As I continue to post to myself to get my thread back to the top of the list it's time for the Airfix update!

Straight up....the dudes are awesome.

Responded to my internet lodged spare parts request.

Sent me an email explaining the deal...(pay 3 pounds and it's in the mail)

Bit weird though....I could either ring them and pay via credit card over the phone OR cut them a cheque and when received they'd send my canopy.

Well I didn't fancy my chances of writing a 3 pound cheque living in the Antipodes so I opted for the phone call credit card thing.

I rang from Australia taking into account the time difference .....was answered in a cheery English accent with "Hornby hobbies customer service can I help you?"

To which I honestly replied without thinking how ridiculous it might sound..."G'day mate, my name's Bruce, I'm calling from Australia to follow up an internet lodged spare parts request"

I might as well have added "can you make it quick mate I'm just going to grab a pie and coldie coz' me footy team's about to start on the telly!"

Anyway....enough of my drivel attempting to cover a complete lack of any modelling to show....

The upshot is the Airfix crew are sending the new canopy half way around the world for the grand price of 3 quid and my sincere thanks to all the good people on this forum who said....."give them a call, drop them a line, you've got nothing to lose, if they can't help I will, Airfix are pretty good these days, see how you go etc etc etc...you know who you are :winkgrin: Cheers!!!!!!

• Like 4

Righto!.

To which I honestly replied without thinking how ridiculous it might sound..."G'day mate, my name's Bruce, I'm calling from Australia to follow up an internet lodged spare parts request"

I might as well have added "can you make it quick mate I'm just going to grab a pie and coldie coz' me footy team's about to start on the telly!"

!

Desperately trying not to picture you going to collect the parcel in a ute, trademark hat with corks etc etc, but you're not making it easy !

Really pleased for you mate.

Now tell me what's the story with the FW190 spiral, I seem to have missed this ?

You are doing well resisting the temptation to start a third kit in the meantime..........unless you are keeping that a secret !

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

Desperately trying not to picture you going to collect the parcel in a ute, trademark hat with corks etc etc, but you're not making it easy !

Really pleased for you mate.

Now tell me what's the story with the FW190 spiral, I seem to have missed this ?

You are doing well resisting the temptation to start a third kit in the meantime..........unless you are keeping that a secret !

Cheers Pat

We are civilized here. The postie gets out of his van gets the parcel out of the back of the van and comes to your front door and hands the parcel to you. The postie we have does wear shorts year round, but then so do I.

Stephen

• Like 4

Hi Stephen

Shorts all year round ! That's just rubbing it in.

I have a fire lit tonight as it's so cold and wet and according to the calendar this is supposed to be summer !

Still mustn't grumble........

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

In the local, subtropical climate we have in Aberdeen I am writing this in my shorts. Its been a lovely day here and still quite warm.

"Aye rite !" So that's scots for there's a strong smell of B/S !

Bruce, please tell us what's happening to the BV141 and it's room mates

Bruce, do you have a dunny man? :D

LOL...I don't think anyone in Oz has a "dunny" these days but rest assured if they do......you definitely do not want to see it or them!

"Aye rite !" So that's scots for there's a strong smell of B/S !

Bruce, please tell us what's happening to the BV141 and it's room mates

Hey Pat,

The BV141 is sitting idle....although I might do the wheels and dangly bits etc given there's nothing else at all I can actually do.

The FW190 is still waiting for the elusive spinner spiral. My good friends at Aeroworks said it would be about 2 weeks for the decal sheet to land......and that was 4 weeks ago :fuhrer:

Your post actually prompted me to email them and check on what's happening so hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. Damn it's only Eagle Cals sheet #01 in 1:72 how hard can it be? If it's not coming soon I'll just buy it on the net and be done with it.....I did like the idea of supporting my local guy who is actually a good bloke and does care but I do want to finish the Dora some time this calendar year!.

Nothing else going into production just yet......but might have a look now! HA HA!!!!

Oh...and I ordered a vintage Matchbox 1:32 Lysander on evil bay the other day......I couldn't help myself.

It was actually the best finished kit I ever produced in my youth 30 odd years ago but was dispatched by the family cat circa 1984 and nostalgia (despite not being what it used to be) got the better of me.

I'm not saying I'm making it again soon or that it's a great kit......but that's my recent purchase and it will go into the great stash of kits that are impossible for me to complete inside the next millennium

I've got a Wirraway build "some time" soon with my mate Shoey.

We'll be doing the same thing we did with the SEAC Hurribomber.....one massive flying RC version and my mini-me midget version in 1/72 with matching schemes. I've got the 1/72 Special Hobby kit that I'll be making and looks a lot easier for me to manage than the High Planes version I also bought!

That's about it now ..........rummage..........rummage.............mmmm ............rummage......rummage..............what's this kit ......rummage.......rummage.......in the bottom of the........ rummage.......rummage..........cupboard??? :fool:

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 2

Only two weeks? I ordered some decals from him at the very beginning of March and have yet to see them (and yes - I have followed up!).

The BV141 is looking very nice. You've put a lot of effort into it, and it shows. I reckon I'd have just filled the gouge with some clear parts cement and hoped for the best - it's worked reasonably well for me in the past. But that attitude is probably why your project is looking so much better than my 141 turned out!

A Wirraway is on my list too - I'll follow your efforts with interest. Are you sure you're not one of my multiple personalities that I'm not aware of? We've a lot of similar interests. I've a Pavla Lysander (72) that I want to start, but first I want to try to get a hold of an Eduard in 48 (which I know you have, you ...). And I turned up the chance to buy a Matchbox in 32 a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

LOL...I don't think anyone in Oz has a "dunny" these days but rest assured if they do......you definitely do not want to see it or them!

I think it's in Clive James's autobiography where he tells of the time he heard the dunny man running up the path, then a few moments later running back down again carrying the full dunny container...Unfortunately he fell over a tricycle which had been left in the way! :bristow::poo:

• Like 3

Jeez, this takes me back. To the Seventies in fact before we came home to Ireland, My father laid the pipes in and around

N.S.W so good honest Aussies could stay indoors and not have to worry about getting bit on the bottom by red back spiders,

Regards,

Sean

• Like 1