Completed models since starting the hobby....

Hi everyone

It occurred to me that I haven't shown any of my completed (and nearly completed) builds since I started the hobby last year.

So here in chronological order:

Tamiya 1/32 Supermarine Spitfire Mk IXc 'GZ-S' ML124, flown by Pilot Officer Harry Shaw, 32 Sqn RAF, Palestine, January 1947. This was my first model and as you can see it still needs finishing:

132b_zps1e280540.jpg

132a_zpsba2f4904.jpg

132c_zps7215ecec.jpg

Next up is the Eduard 1/48 Mk IXc I built this just after the kit was released, it was built OOB except for HGW belts and its finished as MJ250, No. 601 Squadron, Italy, Summer, 1944:

spitfiremkix_zps92183bbd.jpg

spitfiremkixb_zps4fbfb41f.jpg

spitfiremkix2_zpse0c6f766.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire Mk I:

spitfiremk1a_zps74896f68.jpg

spitfiremk1b_zps2395e2cb.jpg

Tamiya 1/48 Mustang III:

mustangb_zps125cd46d.jpg

mustangc_zps5e70e30b.jpg

mustanga_zps8d034c90.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Mk IIc:

hurricaneb_zps67633f2c.jpg

hurricanea_zps24f1ba9b.jpg

hurricanec_zpse64082ed.jpg

Eduard (Academy) 1/48 Thunderbolt:

tboltb_zps8e65e87d.jpg

tboltc_zps21f265df.jpg

tbolta_zps6f652429.jpg

well folks thats it for now, you've seen the sum total of my display cabinet.

Please any comments, criticisms, observations are more than welcome.

Yours aye

Iain

• Like 20

I think with a bit of practice you'll be ok :whistle:

Seriously good work, I'm particularly keen on the P-47

• Like 2

So let me get this straight Iain - you only started this hobby last year and your first model looks like this:

http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Iain_Wood/media/132b_zps1e280540.jpg.html

Brilliant! Had you made any models before? Because these looked great from the start!

Quick question - what did you think of the Tamiya Mk.I? I've been looking at perhaps trying one in the future.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

Some spot on builds there, I particularly like the black hurricane.

You've been busy! Nice collection.

A beautiful line up of planes you have! I look forward to seeing more!

Iain,

A most impressive collection, even more so given that you only started last year.

Excellent.

Tom.

Very nice collection - that first Spit really just pops. Like the Thunderbolt too.

Cheers,

Mike

I think with a bit of practice you'll be ok :whistle:

Seriously good work, I'm particularly keen on the P-47

Blimey that's a lovely collection!

Looks like you hit the ground running when you started model making, my start involved multiple stumbles!

Gents thank you very much. It's sites like BM and all the guidance and advice that you receive from folks that makes even a fat fingered wally like me able to produce semi decent models.

Yours kind words are appreciated.

Yours aye

Iain

• Like 1

So let me get this straight Iain - you only started this hobby last year and your first model looks like this:

Brilliant! Had you made any models before? Because these looked great from the start!

Quick question - what did you think of the Tamiya Mk.I? I've been looking at perhaps trying one in the future.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hey Stix

before last year I had never completed a model, I've always been very interested and of course as a lad I tried to build a few but I always got ahead of myself and made a mess of them so they'd end up in the bin.

I'll be honest before I started the Tamiya 1/32 spitfire I did build a Tamiya Mk 1 Spitfire painted in the colours of 57 OTU and it turned out ok until I put a wash on it, I didn't bother to give it a gloss coat I just applied the wash over the matt and it wouldn't come off it now resides on the shelf of shame in my workshop (thankfully it's the only kit that I've mucked up......so far

The Mk 1 is a lovely kit it falls together and has no vices. The only additions to mine was a new seat and wheels from Ultracast and seat belt from HGW. I have another to build in the near future again as a 57 OTU machine coz the red and white cowling really looks the part.

Cheers mate

Iain

Kind regards,

Stix

hey stix ive made the tam mk1, and although im not in Iains league amd some coments are been disussed i.e wing shape etc i thought it was a cracking kit really enjoyed making it....but i think i enjoyed making the airfix one better cant explain why

Seriously Iain....are you taking the mickey?

You "started" this hobby last year....

MAN!!! Great builds

Beautiful collection. I reckon I built kit's for 5 years+ before trying anything 1:32!

Awesome...Mustang and Thunderbolt for me