Three days at RIAT 2014 (Including static displays)

Very nice pics, went last year for the first time and the Polish Mig-29's were the stars of the show for me, think the Polish Su-22's would win it this year by the look of your pics. Yes,.................jealous!

• Like 1

Great work!

Saturday was awesome and the Fitters were worth the admission price alone.

• Like 1

Thanks for taking the time to comment guys. The Picasa images seen a lot "softer" compared to the ones on Photobucket. I guess that the Picasa software compresses the images more with a commensurate loss of image quality.

I will upload some shots from Sunday this afternoon.

Thanks again.

Hi

Here are some of my favourites from Sunday's show. I don't find Picasa as easy and quick to link to as Photobucket.

Anyway, back to RIAT - in my opinion, this was a really great show with plenty of interesting types in the flying and static displays. Where else could you see a Japanese Air Self Defence Force KC-767J and a pair of Polish Su-22 "Fitters" in one day (to mention just two types)?

To get a different perspective, I spent Sunday on the threshold of Runway 27.

DSC_4680.jpg

DSC_1530.jpg

DSC_1537.jpg

DSC_1545.jpg

DSC_1549.jpg

DSC_1550.jpg

DSC_1560.jpg

DSC_1565.jpg

DSC_1575.jpg

DSC_1609.jpg

DSC_1626.jpg

DSC_1660.jpg

DSC_1673.jpg

DSC_1716.jpg

DSC_1757.jpg

DSC_1796.jpg

DSC_1818.jpg

DSC_1820.jpg

DSC_1830.jpg

DSC_1843.jpg

DSC_1867.jpg

DSC_1872.jpg

DSC_1882.jpg

DSC_1884.jpg

DSC_1885.jpg

DSC_1916.jpg

DSC_1981.jpg

DSC_2018.jpg

DSC_2064.jpg

DSC_2084.jpg

DSC_2092.jpg

DSC_4756.jpg

DSC_2130.jpg

DSC_2208.jpg

DSC_2221.jpg

The weather was "interesting" on Sunday, with some quite heavy showers in the morning, giving way to sunny intervals in the afternoon.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 7

Thanks for sharing your fantastic pics with those of us who couldn`t attend.

I don`t think that the French Transall stood much of a chance with the `Concourse de l' Elegance' competition,.....for the best turned out aircraft,.....it looks a right old heap doesn`t it and one of the RAF Tornadoes isn`t much better,......mind you there are still enough that are turned out lovely!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 1

Shame one of the Fitters didn't make it into the static

Thanks for sharing your fantastic pics with those of us who couldn`t attend.

I don`t think that the French Transall stood much of a chance with the `Concourse de l' Elegance' competition,.....for the best turned out aircraft,.....it looks a right old heap doesn`t it and one of the RAF Tornadoes isn`t much better,......mind you there are still enough that are turned out lovely!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks guys. I would have loved to have had a close-up with a Fitter!

I agree, the Transall certainly wasn't "haute couture"!

Alpha Delta 210 ..

Those are Magnificent photos. ..

truly SUPERB photos. ..absolutely right !!@ where else can you see such beautiful plethora of different nations

Wondrous aircrafts than Here. ... :worthy:

Thank you very much. ..

:heart:

• Like 1

Some absolutely impressive pictures here, thanks a lot for sharing !

May I add a few randome comments ?
You must have had a great time ! I am quite jealous of you guys who have such a great show !! :D

Great to see the Fitters still going strong, they make quite a different sight compared to the sleeker F-16/18/typhoons etc.

I always loved the Patrouille Suisse F-5s ! They will be really missed when they go (and unfortunately it woun't be long)

I see every year there's an F-16 with some special scheme... sorry, I don't love these too much, I liked the Dutch one in standard colours more

That black Puma with SEAC style roundels is really cool ! What's the story behind it ? Guess some Squadron celebration ?

• Like 1

More shabby chic, I think. Nice photos!

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. You're not wrong!

Alpha Delta 210 ..

Those are Magnificent photos. ..

truly SUPERB photos. ..absolutely right !!@ where else can you see such beautiful plethora of different nations

Wondrous aircrafts than Here. ... :worthy:

Thank you very much. ..

:heart:

Thanks Houston, I always appreciate your comments.

Outstanding shots yet again....

Thanks mate. I'm pleased you like them.

Some absolutely impressive pictures here, thanks a lot for sharing !

May I add a few randome comments ?

You must have had a great time ! I am quite jealous of you guys who have such a great show !! :D

Great to see the Fitters still going strong, they make quite a different sight compared to the sleeker F-16/18/typhoons etc.

I always loved the Patrouille Suisse F-5s ! They will be really missed when they go (and unfortunately it woun't be long)

I see every year there's an F-16 with some special scheme... sorry, I don't love these too much, I liked the Dutch one in standard colours more

That black Puma with SEAC style roundels is really cool ! What's the story behind it ? Guess some Squadron celebration ?

Thanks Giorgio. It was a great show, supported very well by the Italian Air Force. A rolling and looping C-27J? You'd better believe it!!

The Fitters were a real highlight for me, as I have never seen the type before,

As for the Puma, 230 Squadron at RAF Benson in Oxfordshire have painted the upgraded HC2 in this scheme to commemorate their 95th anniversary. It was painted black and Far East Asia Command roundel and markings applied, similar to a Shorts Sunderland named ‘Black Peter’ from WW2.

As for the Puma, 230 Squadron at RAF Benson in Oxfordshire have painted the upgraded HC2 in this scheme to commemorate their 95th anniversary. It was painted black and Far East Asia Command roundel and markings applied, similar to a Shorts Sunderland named ‘Black Peter’ from WW2.

Thanks for the information ! If only I could find a 1/72 Puma now to try and reproduce these markings....

I

• Like 1