Revell 1/24 Citroen 2CV Charleston

As promised here's my first build log on BM and it's a car of all things, when all I've ever built before is AFVs. As explained in my Beetle thread in Completed section, I had a little modellers block and was drawn out of it with a bang with my Beetle Cabriolet and was so inspired by the quality of the in-expensive kit, I bought the Citroen and here she comes. The kit is around 70% complete and here is the story so far in stages:

Thanks in advance for stopping by:-

The Victim

IMG_1583_zps19e44012.jpg

IMG_1582_zpsdd8d2960.jpg

I started with the first stages of the engine first as per the instructions:

IMG_1586_zps8689a4b2.jpg

IMG_1585_zps79a9f91f.jpg

IMG_1588_zps9b1225f8.jpg

Then moved onto the floor pan and front axel assembly:

IMG_1591_zps4d7448df.jpg

IMG_1589_zpsd1891cae.jpg

IMG_1592_zps1c4fc1ad.jpg

IMG_1593_zpsb47865c9.jpg

I then put the seats together and dry fitted them into the floor of the inner tub after fixing in the control pedals:

IMG_1597_zpsad74c9d8.jpg

IMG_1596_zps28ffcc60.jpg

IMG_1595_zps89e2da14.jpg

IMG_1598_zps5ece4e44.jpg

I was really impressed with the fit and the detail on the quilted seats and also the seatbelts on the rear seat. Ready for some primer now so that I can get on with the interior detail. Black for the floor pan and chassis and grey for the seats.

More pictures to follow soon to bring you up to where I am at the moment.

Thanks again for looking

Brian

OK guys the next set of pictures will bring you up to date to where I am at this point:

Paint on plastic, grey for the body and bonnet along with the seat cushions and black for the chassis and dashboard assembly along with the rear of the front seats:

IMG_1599_zps18be2566.jpg

IMG_1604_zps6a07f7e4.jpg

Then a liitle painting detail on the first stage of the engine:

IMG_1600_zps64a2236a.jpg

IMG_1602_zps70837ee1.jpg

A drop of paint on the engine mount area:

IMG_1603_zps8bfe2c01.jpg

Then the most difficult paint masking I've attempted to date after the paint has been put on:

IMG_1619_zps96559e4e.jpg

IMG_1620_zps52f814a0.jpg

IMG_1621_zpsa51797bf.jpg

IMG_1622_zpsf3b62bd7.jpg

IMG_1623_zpscbdb930f.jpg

IMG_1624_zps4163ac5f.jpg

The inner wings in the engine bay painted and fitted along with the doorcards:

IMG_1636_zps8101b528.jpg

Stage 1 of the engine fitted and the seats now weathered and dry fit ready to put the dashboard in and assemble the inner tub:

IMG_1637_zpsf361f268.jpg

IMG_1638_zps5c9dba39.jpg

That's about it to date guys. I have since fit the wheels and assenbled the interior tub so maybe I can progress it a little more this weekend and post some further progress.

Thanks for looking.

Brian

• Like 5

Hi Brian,

in the 1980's, the father of my best mate Steve Owen, was looking to replace his well used, and not very fuel efficient Lightweight Land Rover, and bought a brand new Charleston. It was purple and black and it used about a quarter of the fuel! We loved that car and memories of Keith Owen came flooding back as soon as I saw this thread. Sadly, Keith passed away just over a year ago but his memories will live long.

Regards

Reggie

Edited by The Cameraman

Great color choices and careful assembly. Very nice job and will be a cute little bug!

Tempted to slather in mud and rust from your AFV work?? :D

Hi mate, I have been tempted to dirty one of these cars up but after the time taken to get a half decent gloss sheen, it seems a shame to cover it up. It's a bit like covering a kit with etch brass then painting over I suppose - but at least you know it's there.

Thanks for the comments.

Brian

Interior and engine details look great smart finish on the body will look forward to seeing this one all built up and on the display table with the little red bug B)

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Hey Raystorm, if you can pick one up as I did at a show for £14 "Modelsforsale" (quick pimp) - fill your boots, a great little kit almost for nowt!...........go for it!

Brian

Awesome work, looks great, my mate used to have one of these, was horrible around corners but great over speed bumps. Used to love the fresh air vents and Puch maxi like speedo.

Thanks for bringing back great memories

All the best
Chris

Great work so far. The paint scheme is spot on if a little to glossy(I used to work on these for my sins)

Looking forward to seeing the finished model

Roger